How might the SantaCruz rate? - Page 3 - Hyundai Santa Cruz Forum
User Tag List

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #21 of 30 Old 06-18-2017, 11:31 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Very Disappointed

So I just saw that the Santa Cruz will be made in Korea for the 2018/2019 model year. However, it sickens me that I read that it will be a four door small suv. I would buy if it was closer to the Subaru Brat or El Camino which is what I under the impression it would be. I am so very disappointed and will not buy it if it is in fact a four door. Might as well buy the larger four door truck, if I was in the market for that.
post #22 of 30 Old 06-20-2017, 12:16 PM

Quoted: 12 Post(s)
Where did you read that ?? I haven't come across that info! I'm not doubting you at all, just hoping you could provide a link or something to show an official statement on it.
post #23 of 30 Old 06-22-2017, 11:00 AM

Quoted: 6 Post(s)
That's the opposite of what I'm reading in this article that was posted June 19th 2017 (a few days ago). Doesn't say anything close to it being an SUV of any sort and it's still a pickup that'll rival the Tacoma and Colorado

2019 Hyundai Santa Cruz: Bigger In Size And In Power? : Auto News : Auto World News
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #24 of 30 Old 07-12-2017, 11:30 AM Thread Starter

Quoted: 99 Post(s)
(Thread Starter)
Quote:
Originally Posted by DC Fuller View Post
So I just saw that the Santa Cruz will be made in Korea for the 2018/2019 model year. However, it sickens me that I read that it will be a four door small suv. I would buy if it was closer to the Subaru Brat or El Camino which is what I under the impression it would be. I am so very disappointed and will not buy it if it is in fact a four door. Might as well buy the larger four door truck, if I was in the market for that.
Would be interested in hearing what other trucks you will want.

So far the ridgeline seems like a great alternative if you just want something pure light duty, anything more than that and you should probably get a 1500 series type truck.
post #25 of 30 Old 07-14-2017, 03:20 PM

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 19 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nicholas View Post
Yea, apparently some new axles from Dana that are greatly improved and more efficient.

Anyone seen photos of the new Ranger Raptor ? Not too sure if it's actually a thing or just a fan rendering

The Ranger Raptor is an Aussie package as they don't get the F-150 Raptor.

New Ranger doesn't interest me - it's nearly as big as the F-150 (8" wider and 3' longer than my existing one).

That was beauty of the Santa Cruz - not "Texas sized".
post #26 of 30 Old 07-17-2017, 10:36 AM

To be honest, I've never really seen a Ranger up close nor have I really looked into them so I'm going to take your word for it. What year F-150 do you have again?? @don4331
post #27 of 30 Old 07-21-2017, 03:35 PM Thread Starter

(Thread Starter)
Quote:
Originally Posted by don4331 View Post
The Ranger Raptor is an Aussie package as they don't get the F-150 Raptor.

New Ranger doesn't interest me - it's nearly as big as the F-150 (8" wider and 3' longer than my existing one).

That was beauty of the Santa Cruz - not "Texas sized".
I think you'll be impressed at how the Ranger takes off once it reaches America. Already one of its long-standing rivals is doing well... the Toyota Tacoma. Only thing its missing is two more doors.
post #28 of 30 Old 07-26-2017, 02:25 PM

Just did some searching on the Ranger and another thing of beauty is that it'll be coming with several engine options so there's bound to be something to keep everyone happy. Especially after seeing a Raptor edition rendering of the Ranger, that thing is cool!!

post #29 of 30 Old 08-04-2017, 12:08 PM

Quoted: 23 Post(s)
Was shocked for a second when I read that the Santa Cruz was axed for an SUV, but good thing I kept scrolling. Could find no mention of it in the news, but the new Mercedes X-Class seems to be the hot topic right now. Maybe Hyundai is waiting to see how it sells first before confirming the Santa Cruz.
post #30 of 30 Old 08-08-2017, 04:39 PM Thread Starter

(Thread Starter)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr.Claus View Post
Just did some searching on the Ranger and another thing of beauty is that it'll be coming with several engine options so there's bound to be something to keep everyone happy. Especially after seeing a Raptor edition rendering of the Ranger, that thing is cool!!

too bad it could be harder to justify bringing this to market than it seems because the market share isn't just as lucrative as what the F150 based Raptor sits in. so we could be in for a wait, but if it happen then I might just be in line waiting to get one.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Hyundai Santa Cruz Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page