User Tag List

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 17 Old 08-12-2015, 11:10 AM Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 114 Post(s)
(Thread Starter)
New Hyundai Vision G Coupe Concept

Hyundai's new Vision G coupe concept should give us an idea of what we can expect from the brand in the future.

Quote:
“The design is our interpretation of the idea that Hyundai breathes into all of its vehicles – a DNA that balances design and performance with the idea that you don’t need to be over the top in terms of glitz and stereotypical luxury cues,” said Peter Schreyer, Hyundai’s president and chief design officer, in a press release.

The concept is mostly a preview of what a halo car could look like for Hyundai. This sports car styled concept has a beautiful interior with quilted seats and few buttons to be found. The outside is simple, yet alluring with a high beltline and some interesting shapes at the rear.

Hyundai Previews Future of Design with Vision G Coupe Concept

post #2 of 17 Old 08-12-2015, 04:02 PM

Quoted: 23 Post(s)
Is the production of the Santa Crux confirmed? I know it will most likely be a very long while until we see the actual product in dealerships if it is approved.
post #3 of 17 Old 08-13-2015, 04:38 PM Thread Starter

(Thread Starter)
The Santa Cruz is all but approved. It has to go through the Hyundai HQ in S. Korea.

I think it is telling that this concept looks very similar to the Santa Cruz concept.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 17 Old 08-14-2015, 01:13 PM

Quoted: 99 Post(s)
Being a project focused around a coupe, only thing I can see us getting from it is the massive grille and even the bold headlights, much like what the SC concept already has.
post #5 of 17 Old 08-14-2015, 04:44 PM Thread Starter

(Thread Starter)
Yea I was talking mostly about how the two concepts already share a lot in terms of design. You can see where Hyundai is taking their design language. It looks great.

post #6 of 17 Old 08-15-2015, 06:29 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Santana View Post
Being a project focused around a coupe, only thing I can see us getting from it is the massive grille and even the bold headlights, much like what the SC concept already has.
Hopefully we'll see the interior in their future designs as it's sleek, luxurious and overall very nice.
post #7 of 17 Old 08-17-2015, 03:54 PM Thread Starter

(Thread Starter)
That's a pretty high end interior though. I don't even think some of Hyundai's nicer models will be getting something that fancy. We might get watered down versions in future vehicles. For example, i don't thinking quilted leather seats are going to happen. The idea of the all touch screen controls may have a big influence, but I still think that people like to have buttons for the controls that are used most often.

post #8 of 17 Old 08-18-2015, 03:52 PM

Maybe swap out the quilted leather for plain leather but I do hope they keep the touch screen with minimal buttons. I may be biased as I'm a fan of Tesla's model S touch screen console.
post #9 of 17 Old 08-18-2015, 04:11 PM Thread Starter

(Thread Starter)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Santa View Post
Maybe swap out the quilted leather for plain leather but I do hope they keep the touch screen with minimal buttons. I may be biased as I'm a fan of Tesla's model S touch screen console.
It's possible, but I don't think that it will be to quite the degree that we see here. Since a concept is supposed to be a bit more exaggerated than the production form, I think this is a fairly good sign for what is to come, but don't expect the exact thing we see here.

post #10 of 17 Old 08-18-2015, 06:05 PM

Quoted: 99 Post(s)
If you can imagine this concept toned down quite a lot then you'd likely have a good image of what to expect with a production model. The general layout of things on the interior and overall framework for design should be noticed in what you can sign off on.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Hyundai Santa Cruz Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page