Mercedes and Renault will build pickups based on the Navara and produced by Nissan - Hyundai Santa Cruz Forum
User Tag List

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 11 Old 09-17-2015, 11:41 AM Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 114 Post(s)
(Thread Starter)
Mercedes and Renault will build pickups based on the Navara and produced by Nissan

Daimler and Renault-Nissan are both building pickup trucks that will be based on the current Nissan Navara NP300.

The MB model will be re-engineered and designed especially to meet the standards of customers in Europe, Australia, South Africa and Latin America.

Both pickups will be built by Nissan at its plants in Cordoba, Argentina, and Barcelona, Spain.

Mercedes and Renault pickups will be based on new Navara, produced by Nissan

post #2 of 11 Old 09-17-2015, 01:17 PM

Quoted: 23 Post(s)
Is the Nissan Navara NP300 a compact pickup truck?
post #3 of 11 Old 09-17-2015, 03:26 PM

Quoted: 99 Post(s)
Will be great if they get a diesel with the growing trend in car makers using diesel powerplants in vehicles and being a truck in this segment only makes for the perfect combination.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 11 Old 09-18-2015, 01:18 PM

Quoted: 27 Post(s)
They will have to come out with a diesel option for a higher power output if they want to be competitive on the truck market.
post #5 of 11 Old 09-18-2015, 04:17 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cruizin View Post
They will have to come out with a diesel option for a higher power output if they want to be competitive on the truck market.
Output and efficiency... basically the same reasons car makers are coming out with a lot of diesels. Something bound to last long enough till we see electric trucks hit the market.
post #6 of 11 Old 09-20-2015, 04:31 PM Thread Starter

(Thread Starter)
Mercedes definitely has diesel options to use. Diesel is great, and it works especially well for trucks. I wonder which brand will be first to get out a good electric truck though. Any predictions on that?

post #7 of 11 Old 09-21-2015, 04:54 PM

First it's going to be hybrid, since that falls into the 'natural' progression of things towards electric. Tough to say at this point who will be the first to do it since i have yet to see anything. I like to think that Ford wants to jump on it.
post #8 of 11 Old 09-22-2015, 04:21 PM Thread Starter

(Thread Starter)
With the whole VW dieselgate thing that is going on, I think we may see a lot of companies move away from diesel and just put those resources into hybrid and electric.

post #9 of 11 Old 09-22-2015, 04:57 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Colin View Post
With the whole VW dieselgate thing that is going on, I think we may see a lot of companies move away from diesel and just put those resources into hybrid and electric.
Hybrid is where it's at but I feel like some companies are trying to milk the diesel market before hybrids step up efficiency, and considering the way things have been moving it seems the current new gens of diesels will do well throughout their generation. Hybrids and EV's will be here to stay and grow for a long, long time to come.
post #10 of 11 Old 09-23-2015, 04:38 PM Thread Starter

(Thread Starter)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Santana View Post
Hybrid is where it's at but I feel like some companies are trying to milk the diesel market before hybrids step up efficiency, and considering the way things have been moving it seems the current new gens of diesels will do well throughout their generation. Hybrids and EV's will be here to stay and grow for a long, long time to come.
Umm... the next-generation of diesel engines are doomed. Killed before they leave the womb. Diesel is dead.

That is what I think anyway.

Quote:
Looking ahead, the VW debacle is probably the end for diesel passenger car sales in the US. The cost of repairing the reputational damage of diesel tech is too much.
Is this the end for diesel? (From The Northern Echo)

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Hyundai Santa Cruz Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page