1Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 12 Old 02-25-2016, 11:47 AM Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 114 Post(s)
(Thread Starter)
Tesla Model X Based Pickup Truck Render

A luxury pickup truck, and an electric pickup truck, has been on the mind of the public for a while now. Here is what both of those may look like together: a Tesla Model X pickup truck. There is no sign that Tesla is making this, but should they?

Tesla Model X Pickup Truck Looks Nifty

Cruzzz likes this.
post #2 of 12 Old 02-25-2016, 05:53 PM

Quoted: 99 Post(s)
I would actually like to see this happen.

A couple professions that can use it are police and fire/rescue in warmer climates that patrol near beaches since the bed can have racks for easy access of what ever they'll need.

Bay Watch Tesla Truck... sure why not (lol)

Last edited by Santana; 02-25-2016 at 05:57 PM.
post #3 of 12 Old 02-29-2016, 04:56 PM Thread Starter

(Thread Starter)
The design here looks a little off but I could see it working. I don't think that it would be anywhere close to the top of the list of vehicles that Tesla wants to build though, and therefore its probably not going to happen ever or for a very long time. But its fun to think about.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 12 Old 03-02-2016, 05:39 PM

yeah chances are it wont happen.

there's a small microscopic chance it could happen as a custom build, just don't depend on that happening!
post #5 of 12 Old 03-03-2016, 05:43 AM

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Actually ,I am waiting for the the hybrid ,bi drive( fwd ,rear edrive awd smallish hauler (think 50s sedan size )
post #6 of 12 Old 03-03-2016, 07:25 PM

Might be some time to go before that happens. My guess is they target those that want a traditional small truck with a gas engine and go from their. Maybe 1 year after launch you'll see a hybrid.
post #7 of 12 Old 03-06-2016, 05:55 PM

Quoted: 23 Post(s)
It's a cool concept but it's going to be packing a huge amount of batteries to be able to haul as much as a normal truck and on top of that is the range problem. Maybe one day once the batteries are more power dense but for now, no.
post #8 of 12 Old 03-06-2016, 06:28 PM

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Actually you don thave to have that many batteries as a range extender ,the electric motors already have more torque then a gas or diesel engine,the truck concept needs to be redefined ,I'm not talking about something that can go 200 miles on batteries alone ,I would say a hybrid or plug in with 40 mile range would be real useful . The battery pack weight can be strategically located for optimum traction and no need for a transfer case ,plus the benefits of regen braking ,the front can be conventional fwd ,there is a lot of room with this concept ,the prime mover doesnt have to be that big with the electric motors providing more then ample starting torque .I cant foresee that many problems for this vehicle fulfilling the the real world needs of perhaps 85% of the consumers ,I see so many huge trucks around here that do nothing and most fall short of 20 mpg .
post #9 of 12 Old 03-08-2016, 05:35 PM

That 40 mile range point is true, already some cars come with similar mileage and its what equates to ideal city mileage where you almost never need to find a charging station if your commute and errands are simple enough.
post #10 of 12 Old 03-12-2016, 05:36 PM Thread Starter

(Thread Starter)
If the batteries were flat and placed lining the bed, seems to me that could work quite nicely.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Hyundai Santa Cruz Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page