User Tag List

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 22 Old 01-20-2015, 10:24 AM Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 99 Post(s)
(Thread Starter)
Arrow Hyundai Santa Cruz Pricing

As of this posting, there's no official word on what pricing will be like, however it seems to be a truck/crossover truck that would sit among trucks like the Chevrolet Colorado, Toyota Tacoma and Nissan Frontier. With that being said, looking at the pricing of those trucks with your knowledge of the Santa Cruz, post below what you believe official Santa Cruz pricing will start around, along with pricing of various trims, packages, options, etc.

• 2015 Chevrolet Colorado Pricing from $20,120
  • 2015 Toyota Tacoma Pricing from $20,765
  • 2015 Nissan Frontier Pricing from $17,990
post #2 of 22 Old 01-23-2015, 09:18 AM

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Quoted: 103 Post(s)
Garage
We can't judge pricing by looking at midsize body on frame trucks. The starting prices for those vehicles are based on stripped work truck models with almost no options. A modestly equipped 2WD midsize truck is closer to $30k. Add 4WD and the higher trim midsize trucks are closing in on $40k. The Santa Cruze is really a compact crossover and considering that its based on the Hyundai Tucson, that's where we should start.

The Tucson currently starts at $21,650 and goes up to $28,000 for a top trim AWD. Considering that Hyundai has said that they will be able to double production on this platform, that will help to lower the price some. On the other hand, the special features of the Santa Cruze might add some to the price. I would estimate the cost to stay about where it is with the Tucson. The diesel will probably add a $2k-$3k premium over the gas engines. I would expect a nicely equipped Santa Cruze to come in at around $30k.

Last edited by BahamaTodd; 01-23-2015 at 09:20 AM.
post #3 of 22 Old 01-23-2015, 10:46 AM
Dex

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 36 Post(s)
I think it is perfectly fair to examine mid size pricing because if the Santa Cruz is priced anywhere within a couple $K it begs consumers to seriously consider buying more truck...and not just more truck, but a truck from people who build trucks... Hayundai has no cachet here, Nissan, Toyota and Honda all tried (try) to sell trucks (compact ones too at one point) and they could never break through the branding...

For a bare bones work truck, Canyon sure includes impressive kit for $21K... 2015 Canyon Small Pickup Truck | Options

Never pay again for live sex! | Hot girls doing naughty stuff for free! | Chat for free!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 22 Old 01-23-2015, 11:14 AM

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Quoted: 103 Post(s)
Garage
That bare bones extended cab Canyon doesn't even have rear seats. Even with seats, the back of an extended cab midsize is not where you want to be.

If you want to make a comparison to midsize trucks, it needs to be more apples to apples. The Santa Cruze is supposed to have a comfortable back seat. That would require a crew cab midsize truck which is going to start around $25k.

Overall, a comparable Santa Cruze should undercut a midsize by $5k or more.
post #5 of 22 Old 01-30-2015, 11:52 AM

Quoted: 30 Post(s)
I expect a fully loaded Santa Cruz to be in the same ballpark as a fully loaded Tucson. $28-30K would seem about correct, but if they can bring it in for less than that, then great. And, by fully loaded, I mean with current technology (adaptive cruise control, BLIS, etc.)

TimmyB
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Four-time Hyundai/Kia owner
Current: 2016 Subaru Outback 2.5i Limited, 2010 Tucson Limited, 1988 Mercedes Benz 560SL
post #6 of 22 Old 01-30-2015, 05:44 PM Thread Starter

Quoted: 99 Post(s)
(Thread Starter)
Quote:
Originally Posted by TimmyB View Post
I expect a fully loaded Santa Cruz to be in the same ballpark as a fully loaded Tucson. $28-30K would seem about correct, but if they can bring it in for less than that, then great. And, by fully loaded, I mean with current technology (adaptive cruise control, BLIS, etc.)
That's actually a good ballpark to put it at, as for one i'm sure it will run on the same platform, and sure to be similar in many ways aside from the sort of things that would come with such a vehicle and with the progression of a brand.
post #7 of 22 Old 01-02-2016, 12:39 PM

Quoted: 3 Post(s)
I want one

I've had my Baja for 13 years now & I need a new trucklet. I'd pay a pretty fair price to get one of these if it remotely resembles the specs of the show truck. I don't want a colorado, f150 or anything that big.
post #8 of 22 Old 01-03-2016, 06:17 PM

Quoted: 23 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by James E Dandy View Post
I've had my Baja for 13 years now & I need a new trucklet. I'd pay a pretty fair price to get one of these if it remotely resembles the specs of the show truck. I don't want a colorado, f150 or anything that big.
What's a fair price to you? I'm hoping for 20-25k but the lower end of the spectrum may not be a possibility.
post #9 of 22 Old 01-04-2016, 09:01 PM

Quoted: 3 Post(s)
Depending on options..I'd gladly pay that...probably more if it has more options
post #10 of 22 Old 01-05-2016, 03:42 PM

Quoted: 114 Post(s)
I would expect it to start somewhere in the $23k range.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Hyundai Santa Cruz Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page