LinkBack Thread Tools
post #11 of 79 Old 01-29-2015, 09:18 PM

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 103 Post(s)
Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by TimmyB View Post
Same engines as Hyundai, if I'm not mistaken. (?)
Same as the Santa Fe Sport. However the SC is based on the Tucson which comes with a 2.0 or 2.4 - both normally aspirated.
post #12 of 79 Old 01-29-2015, 09:26 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 30 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by BahamaTodd View Post
Same as the Santa Fe Sport. However the SC is based on the Tucson which comes with a 2.0 or 2.4 - both normally aspirated.
OK, I see what you are getting at, now. I was thinking of the Sonata engines. I know when I bought my 13 Sonata, after testing out the 2.4, I wanted NOTHING to do with the extra power of the 2.0T!!! I like my driving record just fine the way it is, thank you.

TimmyB
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Four-time Hyundai/Kia owner
Current: 2016 Subaru Outback 2.5i Limited, 2010 Tucson Limited, 1988 Mercedes Benz 560SL
post #13 of 79 Old 01-30-2015, 05:47 PM

Quoted: 99 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by BahamaTodd View Post
True. The SC is much too small to do any significant towing. With such a short wheelbase you wouldn't want to tow more than 2000 lbs.
Exactly, and that's the capacity that the Tuscon has and I believe the SC is likely to run on the same platform, but I could be wrong about that.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #14 of 79 Old 03-09-2015, 04:08 PM

Quoted: 12 Post(s)
Diesel is the way forward if Hyundai is not just trying to enter the truck market but make a statement as well!
post #15 of 79 Old 03-10-2015, 03:15 PM

Quoted: 99 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by ChuckAStone View Post
Diesel is the way forward if Hyundai is not just trying to enter the truck market but make a statement as well!
Leveraging it would be a good thing, but they should also have a gasoline engine option, BUT with a truck like this... I have a feeling it will just be one engine.
post #16 of 79 Old 03-10-2015, 03:28 PM

Quoted: 30 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Santana View Post
Leveraging it would be a good thing, but they should also have a gasoline engine option, BUT with a truck like this... I have a feeling it will just be one engine.
I hope that's not true. That would give so many Americans a reason to not even consider this vehicle. (And, yes, I know how good diesels are, nowadays; the average American driver, sadly, does not.)
Wisconsin Cruz likes this.

TimmyB
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Four-time Hyundai/Kia owner
Current: 2016 Subaru Outback 2.5i Limited, 2010 Tucson Limited, 1988 Mercedes Benz 560SL
post #17 of 79 Old 03-10-2015, 03:33 PM

Garage
If it comes to the US a more likely scenario is gas only with a chance that they include the diesel.

Hyundai will be revealing the US spec Tucson at the NY auto show next month, so if there are any plans for the SC on this current platform we'll see if they decide to offer the diesel.
TimmyB likes this.
post #18 of 79 Old 03-10-2015, 04:43 PM

Quoted: 12 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Santana View Post
Why do you think the SantaCruz will only be offered with one engine? I do have a feeling as well that the debut will only be a petrol engine available and if sales are good maybe the future models will have engine options between diesel and petrol.
post #19 of 79 Old 03-11-2015, 04:13 PM Thread Starter

Quoted: 114 Post(s)
(Thread Starter)
I think that the SC will come with just a petrol engine. I think that since it is going to be aimed more at urban customers a petrol engine makes more sense. I don't see very many city focused cars getting diesel engines. Seems diesel is more for trucks and the like.

post #20 of 79 Old 03-11-2015, 04:26 PM

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by Colin View Post
I think that the SC will come with just a petrol engine. I think that since it is going to be aimed more at urban customers a petrol engine makes more sense. I don't see very many city focused cars getting diesel engines. Seems diesel is more for trucks and the like.
IMO diesel is much better suited for use in the city. Good low end torque for low speed power and acceleration. Its also more fuel efficient overall. For being such a small truck, it will need to put up big mpg numbers to meet federal light truck mpg regulations which are based on the area footprint of the vehicle.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Hyundai Santa Cruz Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page