What You've Owned Before and Why You're Interest in the Santa Cruz - Hyundai Santa Cruz Forum
User Tag List

6Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 32 Old 10-29-2015, 01:32 PM Thread Starter

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 103 Post(s)
Garage
(Thread Starter)
What You've Owned Before and Why You're Interest in the Santa Cruz

This should be interesting:

What have you previously and currently owned, and why are you interested in the Santa Cruz?

Previously owned:
1993 Mazda Protege
2006 VW Jetta diesel

Currently owned:
2004 GMC Canyon 4WD
2008 Honda Accord coupe V6 manual

The Protege was my first car which I had out of high school. In my second year of college in Michigan I bought the GMC new and I've had it ever since. That worked well in the snow, and I also did some offroading. Moved to Florida and I got the diesel Jetta used for a daily driver since I was driving 150 miles a day (the 40+ mpg came in handy). The Accord was originally my mom's, and when I moved closer to work, I sold the Jetta and bought the Accord so I could have something a little more fun. My brother currently has my truck and he gets much more use out of it since he works on boats.

I compete in masters swimming, running and triathlons, so several times a week I'm carrying wet, sandy, dirty, swimming equipment or my road bike. I only have the Accord readily at my disposal so although it does have the room to carry my things it is not suited for it. I don't have any heavy hauling or towing needs, so a fuel efficient vehicle with an open bed would be useful.

I would also like to keep a two vehicle fleet to satisfy my need for something fun to drive. With a regular truck you give up fuel efficiency for versatility. With the Santa Cruz you get fuel efficient utility which can work well as a daily driver, and leaves room for something fun. I've also been eyeing the new Camaro SS.
Wisconsin Cruz likes this.
post #2 of 32 Old 10-29-2015, 01:40 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 27 Post(s)
Previously owned and still driving a Toyota 2005 Rav4. It's still running fine but it's just so old!
Think it's time for an upgrade and I want more trunk space just so I have it if there's ever a need.

Last time I went camping with my Rav4, we packed up the trunk so tight part of the back window was covered thus reducing my visibility. Never want to do that again.
post #3 of 32 Old 10-29-2015, 05:36 PM

Quoted: 99 Post(s)
Had a 99 Tacoma years ago, and ever since been in Toyota Camry's and Honda Accord's, looking to get back into trucks again and the Santa Cruz could be it.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 32 Old 10-30-2015, 01:09 PM

Quoted: 27 Post(s)
I see one 99 Tacoma without the back seats and one with. Did you get the additional back seat trim?
post #5 of 32 Old 10-30-2015, 04:04 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cruizin View Post
I see one 99 Tacoma without the back seats and one with. Did you get the additional back seat trim?
I had what they called 'jump seats'
post #6 of 32 Old 11-03-2015, 04:42 PM

Quoted: 114 Post(s)
I had a Mercury Grand Marquis in highschool. It was red, inside and out.

I'm looking for something that I can drive in the city, but still has a good amount of space to use for errands, heading up to the cottage, helping friends move, etc...

post #7 of 32 Old 11-17-2015, 09:58 PM

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
I'm not exactly in their target demographics. 75 and retired but my daily driver '14 Wrangler JK is up for sale if they will build the Santa Cruz. We also have a '12 Azera Tech sitting in the side of the garage for long haul driving. Over 65+ years of driving (farm kid) I have driven or owned a sample of most everything you can think of. The Santa Cruz looks to be a great fun/run around vehicle.

Arizonite
Wisconsin Cruz and Tim Issler like this.
post #8 of 32 Old 11-18-2015, 04:44 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Colin View Post
I had a Mercury Grand Marquis in highschool. It was red, inside and out.

I'm looking for something that I can drive in the city, but still has a good amount of space to use for errands, heading up to the cottage, helping friends move, etc...
Those things are the best, always wanted one (specifically a P71) just to mess around with. It helps even more that police agencies are getting a whole new line up of police cars from Ford and FCA.
post #9 of 32 Old 11-20-2015, 12:03 PM

Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Current list: Dodge Ram 2500 diesel, Mitsubishi 1995 gas mighty max, Honda Insight 2000, 5 speed, 199 6 BMW m3
Favorite and best ever truck or car!####Mitsubishi turbodiesel in 1984-1991 BEST TRUCK EVER owned! 40+ mpg"s!! hit and totaled after 550,000+ miles, removed engine and installed it in a 4wd Ram 50 gas truck for another 200,000+ miles then traded on a Mitsubishi v6 gas truck. (Diesels unavailable, unfortunately)

This would be the "perfect storm" vehicle IMHO. It if inexpemsive, will get others into the turbo diesel scene and realization of mpg's possible, and reliability of diesels, also.
May buy a frontier if diesel is offered first, though...
post #10 of 32 Old 11-23-2015, 02:56 PM

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Had to sell my '91 Dakota after 20 years. Loved it and want another. Drove a new Dakota and felt like I was driving a tank! Santa Cruz is closest to what I want, small and good fuel economy but useful bed that extends.
Santana likes this.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Hyundai Santa Cruz Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page