11Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 53 Old 08-21-2015, 02:59 PM Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1 Post(s)
(Thread Starter)
Waiting for Confirmation

Hyundai is pushing to build more trucks as it admits that it isn't as well set up to deal with the industrys truck and crossover driven sales surge.

That the Santa Cruz generated favourable buzz post Detroit is no secret and Hyundai Motor America has been pressuring Korean HQ to accelerate development, which they now say will come some time in November.

Already production facilities have been shuffled from cars to crossovers, with additional factories also slotted for construction. The capacity is there and waiting, coupled with the Hyundais recent trademark filing and the Santa Cruz's confirmation would seem all but a formality.
post #2 of 53 Old 08-21-2015, 05:40 PM

Quoted: 99 Post(s)
These will be some interesting times having seen Hyundai and Kia turn the brands around into successful brands and now delving into the growing truck and crossover markets. I'd like to see something that'll compete in the RAM 1500, F-150 range.
post #3 of 53 Old 08-22-2015, 05:16 PM

Quoted: 114 Post(s)
They'd have to build them in America or deal with a huge tariff. Perhaps with the growth of that market it is now worth it though. You have to be pretty confident to attempt to go against F-150.

Wisconsin Cruz likes this.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 53 Old 08-22-2015, 09:48 PM

Quoted: 0 Post(s)
I don't mean to be rude, but I hate seeing this thread's picture as the main thing when you come to this forum. I would be hugely disappointed if the Santa Cruz turned out looking like this (Ridgeline) and - long shot - I'd hate for designers to come to this page, see that picture, and think that THAT is what we want.
BahamaTodd likes this.
post #5 of 53 Old 08-24-2015, 01:45 PM

Quoted: 23 Post(s)
I thought that was a more recent rendering of the Cruz.
My only concern if the lack of trunk space as I won't be able to fix my bike on there is this image is any indication:
post #6 of 53 Old 08-24-2015, 03:08 PM

I agree I HATE HATE HATE that image. Its was a mock up image made by Carscoops.com as their prediction for what the production vehicle will look like. Probably made to look terrible on purpose to spark rage for internet revenue. It has absolutly nothing to do with Hyundai or any official channel.

Please take that garbage down.

The Santa cruz concept is awesome and I will be first in line to buy, but if it looks like this image I wont even bat an eye and try to forget i had all this hopeful lust.
BahamaTodd and Wisconsin Cruz like this.
post #7 of 53 Old 08-24-2015, 06:33 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by vxeel View Post
I agree I HATE HATE HATE that image. Its was a mock up image made by Carscoops.com as their prediction for what the production vehicle will look like. Probably made to look terrible on purpose to spark rage for internet revenue. It has absolutly nothing to do with Hyundai or any official channel.

Please take that garbage down.

The Santa cruz concept is awesome and I will be first in line to buy, but if it looks like this image I wont even bat an eye and try to forget i had all this hopeful lust.
They made minimal changes if any to this from the concept. from what I can make of it.
post #8 of 53 Old 08-25-2015, 09:02 AM

That argument could be made, but it could also be made that, that looks nothing at all like the concept.
Instead of pointing out differences that matter ill just say that if the production vehicle looks anything like that vs the concept then I bet a lot of the people who loved this idea are going to drop off fast including me.
BahamaTodd likes this.
post #9 of 53 Old 08-25-2015, 01:41 PM

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Quoted: 103 Post(s)
Garage
I also agree that that image needs to come down.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Santana View Post
They made minimal changes if any to this from the concept. from what I can make of it.
Everything from the A pillar back has been changed. They've stretched it to look like a crew cab midsize pickup. That's not what the Santa Cruz is.

Now if the SC does ok, a vehicle like that would be a good next step as a direct competitor to the Ridgeline.
post #10 of 53 Old 08-28-2015, 03:30 PM

Ah yeah you're right, didn't notice those differences from one to the other, thanks for pointing them out.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Hyundai Santa Cruz Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page