4Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 23 Old 12-23-2015, 04:39 PM Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 23 Post(s)
(Thread Starter)
Hyundai Santa Cruz Confirmed

If BullittFan_Fords4Life’s response to Bahama Todd is indeed true, we may be seeing the production model of the Santa Cruz very soon, maybe even at next year’s North American International Auto Show in January. The Hyundai employee was not able to provide us with a release date or information about any upcoming official announcements, claiming that it’s “still pending” but he did confirm that Hyundai has approved of the Santa Cruz for the next step, production. The Hyundai Santa Cruz concept model first debuted at the 2015 NAIAS so Hyundai may surprise us again and reveal the production model at the same event in 2016.

Originally, we were expecting an announcement from Hyundai in November possibly at the L.A. Auto Show but nothing new has surfaced until now. Since BullittFan_Fords4Life will be attending factory mandated training seminars for the Santa Cruz, Hyundai may build a sale ready model soon if they are not already available for training. It’s highly unlikely that Hyundai will make their employees train on a concept car.

Does anyone think the production Santa Cruz will make an appearance at the 2016 NAIAS? If not, when do you think we'll see the finished truck?

Last edited by Santa; 12-23-2015 at 04:46 PM.
post #2 of 23 Old 12-24-2015, 10:55 AM

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Quoted: 103 Post(s)
Garage
Maybe later next year. I've learned not to believe everything dealer employees say though. They very often get things wrong or confused.
Santana likes this.

Last edited by BahamaTodd; 12-24-2015 at 11:00 AM.
post #3 of 23 Old 12-27-2015, 05:40 PM

Quoted: 99 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by BahamaTodd View Post
Maybe later next year. I've learned not to believe everything dealer employees say though. They very often get things wrong or confused.
Agree.

At least for now its something, haven't heard anything about the Santa Cruz in a while. In the coming days and weeks we might hear more about this from techs.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 23 Old 01-13-2016, 06:17 PM

Garage
Hyundai ute on the way - motoring.com.au

Hyundai USA CEO Dave Zuchowski interview at the Detroit auto show:
Quote:
“What’s the easiest way to say that? We’re waiting more for an announcement than we are for an approval, right? HMC [Hyundai Korea head office] is going to dictate [when that happens, but] we feel really good about it,”

“It hasn’t been officially announced yet. Our timing is not crossing our fingers and waiting for approval, it’s trying to figure out when we’re going to announce it,”
Anything can happen, but that's pretty official coming from the CEO.
post #5 of 23 Old 01-13-2016, 08:22 PM

Quoted: 30 Post(s)
Quote:
Hyundai ute on the way - motoring.com.au

Hyundai USA CEO Dave Zuchowski interview at the Detroit auto show:

Anything can happen, but that's pretty official coming from the CEO.

Yeah, I just read this on the mLive (Michigan news) site. God, I hate that some voices turned out to be correct about this, but after a FULL YEAR, they are "almost" at green light. That is SO disappointing. I hope they do build it, but all that momentum and buzz, completely killed. I doubt that those at NAIAS are going to be creating a huge buzz if they announce it there this week.

TimmyB
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Four-time Hyundai/Kia owner
Current: 2016 Subaru Outback 2.5i Limited, 2010 Tucson Limited, 1988 Mercedes Benz 560SL
post #6 of 23 Old 01-13-2016, 08:39 PM

Garage
Press days at NAIAS were Monday and Tuesday so we are not going to here anything new. The Genesis brand is their focus at the moment.
post #7 of 23 Old 01-13-2016, 08:50 PM

Quote:
Press days at NAIAS were Monday and Tuesday so we are not going to here anything new. The Genesis brand is their focus at the moment.
Yeah, Todd, I saw that, too. That's (one more reason) why I'm disappointed about this. It looks like they're going to call the Genesis a brand-name (if I understand correctly); I think that causes more confusion, to reuse a model name. MB is doing something similar, using AMG as an actual model name.

I would have just as soon seen Hyundai do something similar to what Nissan, Toyota, and Honda did decades ago and create a new luxury brand name, with the Genesis model as part of that, or even get rid of the Genesis name altogether and go with the G80 and G90 as models.
Santana likes this.

TimmyB
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Current: 2016 Subaru Outback 2.5i Limited, 2010 Tucson Limited, 1988 Mercedes Benz 560SL
post #8 of 23 Old 01-14-2016, 12:30 PM

Quoted: 12 Post(s)
Garage
post #9 of 23 Old 01-14-2016, 05:34 PM

Quoted: 99 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by TimmyB View Post
Yeah, Todd, I saw that, too. That's (one more reason) why I'm disappointed about this. It looks like they're going to call the Genesis a brand-name (if I understand correctly); I think that causes more confusion, to reuse a model name. MB is doing something similar, using AMG as an actual model name.

I would have just as soon seen Hyundai do something similar to what Nissan, Toyota, and Honda did decades ago and create a new luxury brand name, with the Genesis model as part of that, or even get rid of the Genesis name altogether and go with the G80 and G90 as models.
I actually love the whole Genesis branding approach since when targeting demographics that have MANY options available to them, you need some way to pull them in better especially with the overall idea built up about Hyundai over the years.

Plus it takes them out of the Hyundai box and into a space where a lot more can be done, like what has been happening recently.
post #10 of 23 Old 01-14-2016, 08:36 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Santana View Post
I actually love the whole Genesis branding approach since when targeting demographics that have MANY options available to them, you need some way to pull them in better especially with the overall idea built up about Hyundai over the years.

Plus it takes them out of the Hyundai box and into a space where a lot more can be done, like what has been happening recently.
Don't get me wrong; I absolutely think they should have a luxury brand. I just don't think it is wise to use "Genesis" as the brand name. Imagine if Chevrolet decided they were going to create an upscale brand and called it "Corvette". Then, they had small Corvette models, large Corvette models, etc. It would be massively confusing, to say the least.

TimmyB

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Hyundai Santa Cruz Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page