2Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 28 Old 01-14-2016, 02:22 PM Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1 Post(s)
(Thread Starter)
Santa Cruz Is Headed For Production

Hyundai USA CEO Dave Zuchowski confirming that they're just planning the official announcement.

The key take away is that the Santa Cruz in fact will be heading to production sometime in the near future. Hyundai HQ is simply strategizing when and where the official announcement will be made.

"What's the easiest way to say that? We're waiting more for an announcement than we are for an approval, right? HMC [Hyundai Korea head office] is going to dictate [when that happens, but] we feel really good about it. It hasn't been officially announced yet. Our timing is not crossing our fingers and waiting for approval, it's trying to figure out when we're going to announce it," Zuchowski said to the Aussies at Motoring.com

“Santa Cruz, by design, isn’t an alternative to a truck, so towing, payload and ground clearance were not primary goals,” said Hyundai Motor America director of corporate planning Mark Dipko on the concept’s debut last year.

You'll be able to haul your bikes or a small boat, but nothing more then the modern cute 'ute most likely.

Look out for an announcement sometime before the NY Auto Show in March.
post #2 of 28 Old 01-15-2016, 04:40 PM

Looking forward to seeing this when it comes out. Right now I'm seriously torn between the upcoming Jeep Wrangler-based pickup (likely too large for what I really want and definitely lower fuel economy) and the Santa Cruz which will be smaller and offer almost everything I really want, but know far less about as far as soft-road capability and actual bed size.
post #3 of 28 Old 01-16-2016, 09:47 PM

Quoted: 99 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vulpine View Post
Looking forward to seeing this when it comes out. Right now I'm seriously torn between the upcoming Jeep Wrangler-based pickup (likely too large for what I really want and definitely lower fuel economy) and the Santa Cruz which will be smaller and offer almost everything I really want, but know far less about as far as soft-road capability and actual bed size.
It should come down to if you want a sporty truck or something more off-road feeling and looking. And I can see people making that decision really quickly.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 28 Old 01-18-2016, 04:47 PM

Quoted: 114 Post(s)
The Wrangler will be much better for off-road than the Santa Cruz, but if you are looking for something that you will be driving more in the city than the country, and that is more efficient then you should go with the Santa Cruz.

post #5 of 28 Old 01-21-2016, 04:00 PM

Quoted: 99 Post(s)
Indeed, and the Santa Cruz should beat the Jeep on price. BUT depending on what you want, price might not matter at all. Sometimes it's worth paying a bit more just to get what you want to use over the 4+ years of ownership.
post #6 of 28 Old 01-24-2016, 01:01 PM

Quoted: 23 Post(s)
Can't wait to see the production model It's perfect for weekend getaways without the need for a full sized truck.
post #7 of 28 Old 01-24-2016, 02:37 PM

Next year I am going to retire the 07 Civic and was thinking HRV but always wanted another pickup. Been telling my wife for the past few years how it's a shame the pickups are too big nowadays. Colorado/taco/GMC good but $$ poor MPG and more than I need. Been asking why can't Chevy make the El camino again? I don't need 7k lbs towing capacity and 24 mpg. I need AWD and a small bed for hauling whatever. Had to give up the 4 X $ Dakota because of MPG. And along comes the Santa Cruz. Exactly what I need. This will appeal to not just millennials , I am late 50's and this fits what I need. Can haul/tow my 500lb Kawasaki ZRX if needed and get decent mpg. Ridgeline is too big also .Had a Chevy LUV back in the day and it was great for a homeowner. They make this next year and I will buy it .
post #8 of 28 Old 01-26-2016, 12:46 PM

Quoted: 4 Post(s)
Cool Prediction

I think there is a very good possibility of seeing the santacruz in a superbowl commercial. Where else do you have such a huge and diverse population of potential cunsumers?
post #9 of 28 Old 01-27-2016, 04:02 PM

Quoted: 114 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by EricB View Post
I think there is a very good possibility of seeing the santacruz in a superbowl commercial. Where else do you have such a huge and diverse population of potential cunsumers?
That is a possibility though I'm not sure about this year. This year I would expect a Genesis advertisement for sure though. It depends when production of the Santa Cruz would start and when it is going to be put on sale.

post #10 of 28 Old 01-30-2016, 03:50 AM

Quoted: 4 Post(s)
I'm just gonna sit here and keep my fingers crossed that the diesel engine makes production in the US
Stalker and James Alldridge like this.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Hyundai Santa Cruz Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page