User Tag List

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 25 Old 08-23-2016, 03:09 PM Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1 Post(s)
(Thread Starter)
Hyundai Santa Cruz Is Coming

This is the news we’ve been waiting for even if Hyundai won’t officially announce it until the Los Angeles or Detroit auto show.

In an interview with Motor Trend, Dave Zuchowski, president and CEO of Hyundai Motor America, said "We have made the decision, we have not made the announcement."

The last time we were reassured like this was in January, when he said that they were trying to figure out when to announce the news. June would have been a good time to make the announcement since Hyundai was already publicizing their intent to increase truck production at its plant in Montgomery, Ala, and Zuchowski was hoping to make an announcement around that time but the company wasn’t ready to do so.

At least now we know the Santa Cruz pickup is on its way and almost ready for its reveal. Motor Trend thinks it’ll join the Hyundai lineup in 2018 as a 2019 model. Earlier this month, the pickup went for a design review so a few tweaks may have been made to the concept’s award winning design and the Hyundai is close to approving a final design. We’ll probably see four full sized doors instead of those suicide doors.

Hyundai is expecting to sell around 50,000 Santa Cruz pickups a year after the initial release and external studies thinks it could be closer to 70,000. Once they hit showroom floors, we can expect to see them sell for about $25,000 a pop.
post #2 of 25 Old 08-24-2016, 02:39 PM

Quoted: 30 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hyundai Santa Cruz News View Post

This is the news we’ve been waiting for even if Hyundai won’t officially announce it until the Los Angeles or Detroit auto show.

In an interview with Motor Trend, Dave Zuchowski, president and CEO of Hyundai Motor America, said "We have made the decision, we have not made the announcement."

The last time we were reassured like this was in January, when he said that they were trying to figure out when to announce the news. June would have been a good time to make the announcement since Hyundai was already publicizing their intent to increase truck production at its plant in Montgomery, Ala, and Zuchowski was hoping to make an announcement around that time but the company wasn’t ready to do so.

At least now we know the Santa Cruz pickup is on its way and almost ready for its reveal. Motor Trend thinks it’ll join the Hyundai lineup in 2018 as a 2019 model. Earlier this month, the pickup went for a design review so a few tweaks may have been made to the concept’s award winning design and the Hyundai is close to approving a final design. We’ll probably see four full sized doors instead of those suicide doors.

Hyundai is expecting to sell around 50,000 Santa Cruz pickups a year after the initial release and external studies thinks it could be closer to 70,000. Once they hit showroom floors, we can expect to see them sell for about $25,000 a pop.
Which means, a full two-years behind the Honda Ridgeline, which is the only real competitor, not to mention THREE-PLUS YEARS from stealing the show at NAIAS 2015. There is/was no excuse for this, since it's based on an existing vehicle. By the time it hits, I fully expect FCA and Jeep to be marketing a similar vehicle in the US. So disappointing.

TimmyB
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Four-time Hyundai/Kia owner
Current: 2016 Subaru Outback 2.5i Limited, 2010 Tucson Limited, 1988 Mercedes Benz 560SL
post #3 of 25 Old 08-24-2016, 03:07 PM

Quoted: 12 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by TimmyB View Post
Which means, a full two-years behind the Honda Ridgeline, which is the only real competitor, not to mention THREE-PLUS YEARS from stealing the show at NAIAS 2015. There is/was no excuse for this, since it's based on an existing vehicle. By the time it hits, I fully expect FCA and Jeep to be marketing a similar vehicle in the US. So disappointing.
That was the first reply I've seen in a while that was well deserved to be in red coloured font
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 25 Old 08-24-2016, 03:38 PM

Quoted: 30 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr.Claus View Post
That was the first reply I've seen in a while that was well deserved to be in red coloured font
I just made it red to tie into the quote above that I also put in red. In retrospect, yeah, it's how I feel so red is apropos.

TimmyB
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Four-time Hyundai/Kia owner
Current: 2016 Subaru Outback 2.5i Limited, 2010 Tucson Limited, 1988 Mercedes Benz 560SL
post #5 of 25 Old 08-24-2016, 10:45 PM

Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Keep the suicide doors!

Please keep the original design as depicted in the concept with the suicide doors! That's what will seperate the vehicle from the competition.
Don't make it another boring four door pick up type. Produce both if you have to. I will buy the suicide door version...I'll pass on the full four door.
post #6 of 25 Old 08-26-2016, 10:08 AM

Oh... well it worked out perfectly anyways lol. But it's true though
post #7 of 25 Old 08-28-2016, 05:25 AM

Yeah, I hope they keep the suicide doors option as well!
post #8 of 25 Old 08-30-2016, 10:45 AM

Why can't I find pictures of this suicide doors concept ?!
post #9 of 25 Old 08-31-2016, 02:42 PM

It's the original concept.
post #10 of 25 Old 09-01-2016, 03:11 PM

Quoted: 99 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr.Claus View Post
Why can't I find pictures of this suicide doors concept ?!
You won't find any of the doors open but if you just look at the side profile and where the handles are, that confirms it.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Hyundai Santa Cruz Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page