User Tag List

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #11 of 18 Old 03-03-2017, 12:49 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 99 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr.Claus View Post
Once it's convenient and doesn't set me out from my time in the slightest, there's not really much you can lose from doing this. Can't really see the downside?
Well, if you do the math and at the end of whatever duration of ownership and enrollment of this program you want that it doesn't benefit you financially, that would be the real downside.

Fortunately these days vehicles require less maintenance, giving this idea more weight.
post #12 of 18 Old 03-08-2017, 10:33 AM

Quoted: 12 Post(s)
I've started taking a look at Turo and I think it operates pretty well. You can take a vehicle you have sitting idle and just rent it out for a price that you make. They provide the insurance for it. You can essentially take a 2005 Honda Civic that you have sitting at home, post it to be available for say $50 a day (just throwing numbers out) and leave it at that. Turo takes a certain percentage out of it and sends you the funds via paypal within 1-2 business days.

That's something that is interesting
post #13 of 18 Old 03-10-2017, 02:59 PM

Exactly.

Combine that with the fact you are using a reliable and dependable vehicle it positions you even better. On top of that people who purchase an extended warranty can really benefit. Actually the money you make from renting it out over a year might pay for the entire extended warranty and more.

Just have to find a way where you can really narrow in on the cost.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #14 of 18 Old 03-10-2017, 03:53 PM

Spent a good amount of time checking out what people are offering and I see guys with base model C7 Corvettes renting their car out for around $150 a day... give it 5-6 days renting it out and your car payment is covered. That's insane.
post #15 of 18 Old 03-17-2017, 03:06 PM

That's what happens with there's little to no competition.
Eventually it will turn into a case of car makers doing to rental companies what Uber did to Taxi services.

However there will still be a market for the sort of short duration you can have with current services.
Some even go right down to 30 minutes of track time.
post #16 of 18 Old 03-20-2017, 02:02 PM

Being an end-user, I think it's amazing. I remember everyone was fighting up about Uber taking business away from Taxi services. I call it innovation and that's what we need. With all of these services, it just compliments and makes opportunities available to everyone to experience.
post #17 of 18 Old 03-24-2017, 02:32 PM

Correct and lucky for us right now is while everyone is having a go at this sharing economy we get to try out a lot of different forms since down the road it will be more defined and simplified (or at least i think it will)
post #18 of 18 Old 03-28-2017, 10:48 AM

It should be. But it's true. Have you ever tried anything out so far?

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Hyundai Santa Cruz Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page