Hyundai Santa Cruz Forum banner

Hyundai Cars Are A Click Away

7K views 17 replies 4 participants last post by  Mr.Claus 
#1 ·

When the Hyundai Santa Cruz finally goes on sale, customers may be able to complete the purchasing process from the comfort of their homes.

Recently launched in the UK, buyers can use the automaker’s Click To Buy service to trade in or part exchange a vehicle, get and compare quotes, configure your dream car, apply for finance and pay the deposit online. You can even arrange the pickup point.

For cash buyers this whole process can be completed in as little as 5 minutes, and for an additional fee the new car can be delivered right to your doorstep and the trade-in collected. No more dealing with suggested prices, aggressive sales people or hidden costs.

This isn’t a new purchasing process for Hyundai as they’ve already implemented something similar for their luxury brand Genesis. Except in the case of their luxury brand, buyers can request for a car to arrive at their house of a test drive with an informative representative in tow.

Currently, only the i10, i20, i30, Tucson and Santa Fe models can be ordered online but the list should increase later on in the year. Maybe the Sanat Cruz will be a click away once it goes on sale.

See less See more
1 1
#2 ·
I'm surprised that for a brand which sells a lot of cheap vehicles that they aren't offering a subscription type of service to push more vehicles out. Cadillac already has that going on but it hasn't been going on long enough to see some real numbers, but overall the concept will work out well.

#3 ·
Cadillac plan on doing that $1500 a month thing is absolutely genius in my opinion. That covers everything you could possibly need, all you need to do is put gas and you can drive any darn car on their lineup. For someone that likes change, if you have the pocket for it and really like Cadillac, power to yah.

#5 ·
That's a darn win-win right there. Majority of my commute is through public transportation due to parking difficulties and traffic and what not, so my car is typically at home during the day until I get back in the evening to use it. In that time, if I could be making money with it by letting other people use it. Heck, can't go wrong with that at all

#7 ·
With all that's going on when it comes to the growth of ride sharing and all the other options available in the typical city center, it won't be any amount that will change much about how you live. I don't know the numbers but at best it will be a small incentive for buying and then enrolling into the sharing program.

#11 ·
Well, if you do the math and at the end of whatever duration of ownership and enrollment of this program you want that it doesn't benefit you financially, that would be the real downside.

Fortunately these days vehicles require less maintenance, giving this idea more weight.

#12 ·
I've started taking a look at Turo and I think it operates pretty well. You can take a vehicle you have sitting idle and just rent it out for a price that you make. They provide the insurance for it. You can essentially take a 2005 Honda Civic that you have sitting at home, post it to be available for say $50 a day (just throwing numbers out) and leave it at that. Turo takes a certain percentage out of it and sends you the funds via paypal within 1-2 business days.

That's something that is interesting

#13 ·
Exactly.

Combine that with the fact you are using a reliable and dependable vehicle it positions you even better. On top of that people who purchase an extended warranty can really benefit. Actually the money you make from renting it out over a year might pay for the entire extended warranty and more.

Just have to find a way where you can really narrow in on the cost.

#15 ·
That's what happens with there's little to no competition.
Eventually it will turn into a case of car makers doing to rental companies what Uber did to Taxi services.

However there will still be a market for the sort of short duration you can have with current services.
Some even go right down to 30 minutes of track time.

#16 ·
Being an end-user, I think it's amazing. I remember everyone was fighting up about Uber taking business away from Taxi services. I call it innovation and that's what we need. With all of these services, it just compliments and makes opportunities available to everyone to experience.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.