Hyundai Santa Cruz Could Roll Down Assembly In 2021 - Page 2 - Hyundai Santa Cruz Forum
User Tag List

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #11 of 20 Old 12-30-2017, 11:31 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1 Post(s)
I have a 1998 Ford Ranger I bought new, so looking for a replacement. The new Canyon & Colorado are too big. The Santa Cruz is perfect, really a mini El Camino. Mostly car, but a pickup when you need some mulch from Lowe's. Could wait for new Ranger which looks now to beat the Santa Cruz to production, but specs show it almost the size of the Colorado/Canyon. I don't have a horse trailer to pull, give me a small pickup.
post #12 of 20 Old 01-05-2018, 12:22 PM

Quoted: 99 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ridgerunner View Post
I have a 1998 Ford Ranger I bought new, so looking for a replacement. The new Canyon & Colorado are too big. The Santa Cruz is perfect, really a mini El Camino. Mostly car, but a pickup when you need some mulch from Lowe's. Could wait for new Ranger which looks now to beat the Santa Cruz to production, but specs show it almost the size of the Colorado/Canyon. I don't have a horse trailer to pull, give me a small pickup.
To me it seems most people are going for the Tacoma which has been the segment leader for many years in a row. Only downside is its not exactly the cheapest option and Toyota does some weird things such as drum brakes on a 2017-2018 truck.
post #13 of 20 Old 01-19-2018, 04:44 PM

Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Just read a Jalopnik post "suggesting" the SC may be a 2019 model and a turbo diesel will be available, but I'm not going to hold my breath. I'm starting to have serious doubts, now that I've seen photos of the Hyundai Kona. I'm retired now, so I have to downsize. It's costing me over $2000/year (not counting fuel) to own a car and a truck. My hauling needs don't require a truck the size of my Tundra any more, so that's the first to go. When the 2019 models are available and the SC is still only being talked about, I'm going to have to trade the sedan in on a SUV, and it will, most likely, not be a Hyundai.

Last edited by Trucker; 01-19-2018 at 04:50 PM. Reason: clarification
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #14 of 20 Old 01-26-2018, 12:11 PM

Teasers of the next Santa Fe along with insight of what it should be like have surfaced and it seems like here we can find DNA that will be in the next Santa Cruz.

Quote:
The teaser image seems to suggest the Santa Fe will go for a slightly more upright stance and slightly more boxy look, giving it a feel somewhere between an oversized Kona and an Audi wannabe. Spy photos hint at the new Hyundai grille sported by the Veloster making its appearance here, plus narrowed headlights with large lower fog lamps.

post #15 of 20 Old 02-04-2018, 02:08 PM

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Looking at these post (which date back to 2015) one can't help but be discouraged about the release of the Santa Cruz. This vehicle so perfectly fits my needs, that I am doing everything possible to wait for its arrival without buying a new car. I emailed Hyundai, and they used the term "forthcoming" to describe it, and did not share any helpful information. I can not believe that they are not capitalizing on this vehicle! There is nothing like it on the market, and a swathe of millennials would elbow each other by the tens of thousands to plug their iphones into this beautiful piece of utilitarian masterwork.
post #16 of 20 Old 02-09-2018, 02:54 PM

Quoted: 23 Post(s)
One would think that is the case with smaller pickups like the Ford Ragner or Mercedes X-Class coming out, but Hyundai seems to be holding back on a market with needs that aren't being met. Frustrating to hear that they gave you such a general answer and there's only so long we're willing to wait. The interest is there from the public and the concept won so many accolades, just a matter of producing it now.

How much longer are you willing to wait for the Santa Cruz?
post #17 of 20 Old 02-16-2018, 11:12 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by clubmudd View Post
Looking at these post (which date back to 2015) one can't help but be discouraged about the release of the Santa Cruz. This vehicle so perfectly fits my needs, that I am doing everything possible to wait for its arrival without buying a new car. I emailed Hyundai, and they used the term "forthcoming" to describe it, and did not share any helpful information. I can not believe that they are not capitalizing on this vehicle! There is nothing like it on the market, and a swathe of millennials would elbow each other by the tens of thousands to plug their iphones into this beautiful piece of utilitarian masterwork.
well to be fair, as much as I like Hyundai, brands like Toyota and now Ford are creating products that fill this segment.
for me the Santa Cruz is on the table as long as its happening, if not I have no problem going after Toyota.

Say hello to plan B:

post #18 of 20 Old 03-02-2018, 12:44 PM

Quoted: 23 Post(s)
The Tacoma is a great alternative and relativity cheap, something I too was looking into. Another option was going to be the Honda Ridgeline and now Ford is coming out with the Ranger. There's no shortage of options, though the Santa Cruz is the more unique option if it looks very similar to its concept. But we can only wait so long and I'm not too loyal to brands.
post #19 of 20 Old 04-20-2018, 11:44 AM

Quoted: 27 Post(s)
Feeling let down by Hyundai, I'm going to take this with a very tiny grain of salt. CarScoops says the Santa Cruz could arrive in 2020 at the earliest, but that's if everything goes well and there are no delays. It has been 3 years since we first saw the concept model so I'm not very hopeful.
post #20 of 20 Old 02-01-2019, 06:54 PM

Nissan has been in a slump with their pickup's to the point their Frontier has been sustaining any hope.

Soon a new Frontier will be due so that's another model to look out for. Back in the 90's if it wasn't Toyota, people were buying Nissan... or domestic.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Hyundai Santa Cruz Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page