Hyundai should rock the pickup segment like they did this Super Bowl ('19) commercial - Hyundai Santa Cruz Forum
User Tag List

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 20 Old 02-04-2019, 01:00 AM Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 99 Post(s)
(Thread Starter)
Hyundai should rock the pickup segment like they did this Super Bowl ('19) commercial

Seriously, Hyundai has been on a roll lately and this Super Bowl 2019 ad had to be one of my favorites. They flawlessly weaved in Hyundai Shopper Assurance all without making everyone falling asleep. Its one of the few commercials that really stuck and will have me finally use the HSA experience.

post #2 of 20 Old 02-04-2019, 09:04 AM

Quoted: 8 Post(s)
One of the best car ads I've seen from recent memory. Not surprised that they are showcasing the new upcoming Palisade, that's looking to be a big market disruptor.
post #3 of 20 Old 02-06-2019, 08:50 AM

Quoted: 11 Post(s)
Both the Palisade and the Telluride are looking like excellent additions to the segment. Very original and clever marketing and one of the better ads from the Super Bowl.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 20 Old 02-07-2019, 08:52 AM

Quoted: 6 Post(s)
A lot of automakers are changing up the traditional dealership model of selling cars. More and more people are becoming accustom to doing all their shopping online and you can see how many people purchase new EV's sight unseen.
post #5 of 20 Old 02-09-2019, 11:23 AM

Subscription services are growing in popularity as well, though I know Hyundai ended the only one they had for the Ioniq. They should revisit it however, because its a welcomed alternative to leasing.
post #6 of 20 Old 02-14-2019, 03:01 PM Thread Starter

(Thread Starter)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wolke22 View Post
Subscription services are growing in popularity as well, though I know Hyundai ended the only one they had for the Ioniq. They should revisit it however, because its a welcomed alternative to leasing.
Its just another form of "luxury" which here comes in the form of having the latest shiny toys.
My belief is older customer demographics well established in their careers will make up the bulk of buyers.
post #7 of 20 Old 02-20-2019, 09:33 AM

Quoted: 11 Post(s)
Many are just looking for alternatives to crossovers and SUV's, which dominate the roadways. You can get similar levels of utility from a midsize pickup, and their new high gear transmissions yield some really impressive fuel economy numbers. Depending on the equipment/kit you choose you can also get something that's similar to what you'd find in the premium segment.
post #8 of 20 Old 02-25-2019, 05:56 PM Thread Starter

(Thread Starter)
That's what i realized even before the current decade we're in. Actually, once the Sierra started getting luxurious and the F-150 got harley package, it was an early sign of the times.
post #9 of 20 Old 02-26-2019, 09:04 AM

A moderately equipped new full size pickup is going to run you around $60k. Even the new Ranger with some added equipment is far from an 'affordable pickup'. There is a demand here for something more approachable that Hyundai can easily fill.
post #10 of 20 Old 02-26-2019, 03:02 PM Thread Starter

(Thread Starter)
I think their approach on making this an adventure vehicle is a good move as seen with the original concept.
The bed functions go a long way to build on what pickups are known for but here in a new way.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Hyundai Santa Cruz Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page