Santa Cruz rendering - Page 2 - Hyundai Santa Cruz Forum
User Tag List

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #11 of 16 Old 03-19-2019, 09:11 AM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 6 Post(s)
Honda went a bit too conventional with the styling of the Ridgeline and the tow rating was very poor. Its very much a pickup for people who don't really need one. The Santa Cruz doesn't have to be a top seller to be a success. If they are able to take some market share away from the established competitors, I'd say that's a good first step.
post #12 of 16 Old 03-21-2019, 03:20 PM

Quoted: 8 Post(s)
Came across another rendering and this one stays much closer to the original design of the concept. Since so much time has passed since it was last seen however, I'm sure they've taken an entirely new design philosophy.
post #13 of 16 Old 03-22-2019, 02:44 PM

Quoted: 99 Post(s)
Ford is taking a bit of a risk by doing so or might not benefit by much. Looking at Toyota might provide the reasons why. The company one of the most profitable and for good reason. Consolidating consumers to a single good product might be the solution for 2021+
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #14 of 16 Old 03-26-2019, 09:25 AM

Quoted: 6 Post(s)
Even Toyota has had to completely redesign a bunch of their class leadings models like the Camry and Rav4 to stay competitive. The design language has long since taken a back seat to build quality and reliability, but newer TRD models are looking to change that. Hyundai is doing the same thing with the N performance models.
post #15 of 16 Old 03-27-2019, 08:09 PM

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 19 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Morrison View Post
Honda went a bit too conventional with the styling of the Ridgeline and the tow rating was very poor.
Honda has went more conventional with 2nd generation Ridgeline (fake demarcation between cab and box) because consumers told them it didn't look enough like a truck... Can't win for losing.

Tow rating is way over hyped - 90% of full size pickups never haul anything heavier than groceries/tow anything. And way before I would come close to my truck's tow rating, I would have borrowed my son's 3/4 ton.

Hyundai can allow scope creep i.e. huge payloads/tow ratings if they want to undercut the market.

Give me 1,000 payload and it will cover 95% of anything I've had to carry.

A "D" class J2807 rating (Wells Cargo TW162) 5k lb weight is more than enough for what I intend to tow...
A "C" class rating (Wells Cargo SW8) 3,850lbs tends to be limiting on any sort of travel trailer.
post #16 of 16 Old 03-31-2019, 11:25 PM

Quoted: 99 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Morrison View Post
Even Toyota has had to completely redesign a bunch of their class leadings models like the Camry and Rav4 to stay competitive. The design language has long since taken a back seat to build quality and reliability, but newer TRD models are looking to change that. Hyundai is doing the same thing with the N performance models.
Apparently something major is planned for the next Tundra as I heard which could very well mean more updates to the Tacoma. That's if a new styling direction is introduced along with anything that can be carried over

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Hyundai Santa Cruz Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page