1Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #11 of 30 Old 08-31-2015, 04:27 PM Thread Starter

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 103 Post(s)
Garage
(Thread Starter)
Well that depends on what type of truck the Ranger will be. If its based on the midsize body on frame truck from overseas then it will compete directly with the GM twins, Tacoma and Frontier, and Hyundai has little to worry about. If Ford does a compact unibody truck like the Santa Cruz, they will only be a year behind, and some good advertising can easily persuade buyers to wait.
post #12 of 30 Old 09-10-2015, 08:57 AM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 114 Post(s)
The facelifted Ford Ranger will be shown in Frankfurt wearing top-spec Wildtrak suit. The facelift includes changes to both the exterior and interior of the Ranger. Exterior cosmetic changes include the Pride Orange paint, rectangular foglights, a sports hoop, and 18-inch alloy wheels. Looking to the interior, Ford has added an eight-way power adjustable driver's seat.

Quote:
clients can opt for Ford's 2.2-liter TDCi or the more potent 3.2-liter TDCi mill. The first engine is available in two power outputs, namely 130 horsepower and 160 horsepower while the three-point-two plant delivers 200 horsepower.

Managing all these resources we mentioned above can be done via a six-speed manual transmission or through an automatic gearbox while buyers can choose between the four-wheel (offered as an option) or two-wheel drive for their Rangers.
There is also safety features, like Lane Keeping Alert, Adaptive Cruise Control with Forward Alert plus the Hill Launch Assist and Hill Descent Control functions.

No information that I can find on whether or not the Ranger is going to be making its way to North America. I assume such a move would have to include having production based in the US.

post #13 of 30 Old 09-10-2015, 06:30 PM

Quoted: 99 Post(s)
Good point on where production needs to be and with that being said chances are we might hear of plant changes that hint at the ranger, just have to keep an eye out for that.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #14 of 30 Old 06-10-2016, 03:44 PM

Quoted: 2 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Santa View Post
If the estimated arrival time for Ford's truck is in 2018, the Santa Cruz may have already taken a large slice of the compact truck pie by then assuming that the Santa Cruz comes out first.
At this rate, with no news coming in from Hyundai, who knows when the Santa Cruz will really come out? I wish they would hurry up and act.
post #15 of 30 Old 06-15-2016, 02:08 PM

Patience is key.

In the coming months we might start seeing some solid information on the Santa Cruz. For the time being, follow news on changes happening at Hyundai's manufacturing plants and the platform the Santa Cruz will ride on.
post #16 of 30 Old 05-03-2017, 07:48 AM

Quoted: 0 Post(s)
The Dodge RAM RAMPAGE

The latest model of 2017 Dodge RAM Rampage is expected to be unveiled in the last quarter of this year. The Dodge RAM RAMPAGE has a spacious interior. Every detail is built with care. Under the hood, the Dodge Rampage will feature two engine options, as far as the 2017 model goes. Ram Rampage base model of 2017 have a price starts from $17,000.
post #17 of 30 Old 05-19-2017, 03:11 PM

Quoted: 12 Post(s)
A Dodge Ram is definitely not what I'm looking for as it isn't in the mid-sized pickup segment. Dodge Rams are full-sized trucks and unnecessary for what I need it for. A price tag of $17k is really unbelievable though so I'll be interested in waiting to see what that's like.
post #18 of 30 Old 05-26-2017, 11:48 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr.Claus View Post
A Dodge Ram is definitely not what I'm looking for as it isn't in the mid-sized pickup segment. Dodge Rams are full-sized trucks and unnecessary for what I need it for. A price tag of $17k is really unbelievable though so I'll be interested in waiting to see what that's like.
Except the Rampage isn't what your making it out to be. A simple google search will tell you that. It's Dakota-based and directly rivals the Santa Cruz and future Ford Ranger.

So you might actually want the Rampage, it too is light duty.
post #19 of 30 Old 05-30-2017, 05:36 PM

Quoted: 6 Post(s)
The Ram Rampage is definitely a competitor for the mid-size segment. Should be powered by a 1.4T which is presumably the multiair turbo engine, or a 2.4l four-cylinder mated to either 6 speed manual gearboxes or a 9 speed automatic.
post #20 of 30 Old 06-02-2017, 03:36 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nicholas View Post
The Ram Rampage is definitely a competitor for the mid-size segment. Should be powered by a 1.4T which is presumably the multiair turbo engine, or a 2.4l four-cylinder mated to either 6 speed manual gearboxes or a 9 speed automatic.
Are you sure about that 1.4T? Although it puts out good power and torque for what it is, I still don't think that belongs in a truck. That's more for a CUV or a sedan. A bigger 4-cylinder like the 2.4 is more like it.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Hyundai Santa Cruz Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page