User Tag List

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 16 Old 09-13-2016, 03:41 PM Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 12 Post(s)
(Thread Starter)
Which Wheels ?

I've seen a few different types of rims on photos of the Santa Cruz. Just out of curiosity, which ones do you think will be on the actual production, if any of them ?? The last one is just a regular person rendering but... it's a possibility..

post #2 of 16 Old 09-14-2016, 02:52 PM

Quoted: 99 Post(s)
That last rendering looks good to me since it seems to resonate the most with the kind of designs we're seeing come out from Hyundai on their market-ready vehicles, being most practical. Plus it has that city look which is where we'll find these in. The other wheels don't seem to fit in as well.
post #3 of 16 Old 09-15-2016, 03:41 PM Thread Starter

(Thread Starter)
That's a good point. But for some reason I think that the second set could be a base model wheel. Then the last one can be the sport versions or the "optional"
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 16 Old 09-17-2016, 05:48 PM

starting to think I should look to what the Genesis line will offer since some of those wheels could work on a truck like this which isn't as hardcore of a truck like the... F150, Silverado, Tundra etc.
post #5 of 16 Old 09-19-2016, 03:17 PM Thread Starter

(Thread Starter)
That's gonna be a tough one. At least if you're looking at Genesis' new future line-up. The wheels they've been showing look great on the respective cars, just not too sure how they would transfer onto one of these.
post #6 of 16 Old 10-05-2016, 05:11 PM

It just has to have a sporty enough look to not look out of place on the truck but at the same time it depends on how the truck ends up looking and with how long its been since we seen the concept... what comes to production can vary a bit, but swapping wheels from another Hyundai is definitely something to think about.
post #7 of 16 Old 10-13-2016, 01:47 PM Thread Starter

(Thread Starter)
For sure, I love the concept of switching wheels but to something that is still from the manufacturer. Just maintains that oem+ look kind of thing.
post #8 of 16 Old 10-13-2016, 05:07 PM

That or you look for those aftermarket wheel makers that make wheels that in some ways are similar to OEM designs, just an aggressive version of what's often seen from OEM's. Anything beyond that and you really have to analyse how good or bad it looks.
post #9 of 16 Old 10-18-2016, 12:42 PM Thread Starter

(Thread Starter)
Yea.. I find a lot of the "cheaper" brands like Niche and what not tend to provide wheels that follow those descriptions, usually going in the upper scale range like Avant Garde or that section are vastly different but still dope as ever
post #10 of 16 Old 11-24-2016, 01:23 PM

Quoted: 6 Post(s)
I wouldn't say the upper scale doesn't offer wheels that look vastly different. Avant Garde has wheels that look like oem Lexus wheels, BMW wheels, heck you could throw one of their designs on a Lambo in black and it'll look oem lol

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Hyundai Santa Cruz Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page