Hyundai Santa Cruz Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

· Registered
22 SEL Premium AWD Blue Stone
60 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Today was the 1st time that I loaded the bed up w/ any significant weight of more than 150 LBS. I placed thick moving blankets down in the bed & up the sides to avoid scratches & dings from the rocks shifting. I loaded 1,000 lbs of boulders into the bed. The scales showed that the Santa Cruz w/ a full tank of gas tipped the scales @ 4100 LBS w/ me not in the cab. After leaving the landscaping area, it only took about 1/4 of a mile of driving before the rear suspension / shocks leveled the bed. This is a great feature to have built in. You can see from the pic in the driveway how level the SC is sitting. It made driving a lot easier than having the tail end compressed & the nose sticking up. It throws the geometry of the vehicle off & makes the steering very light when the bed is loaded up.

Wheel Tire Car Sky Plant

Food Car Tire Vehicle Plant

· Registered
2 Posts
Today was the 1st time that I loaded the bed up w/ any significant weight of more than 150 LBS. I placed thick moving blankets down in the bed & up the sides to avoid scratches & dings from the rocks shifting. I loaded 1,000 lbs of boulders into the bed. The scales showed that the Santa Cruz w/ a full tank of gas tipped the scales @ 4100 LBS w/ me not in the cab. After leaving the landscaping area, it only took about 1/4 of a mile of driving before the rear suspension / shocks leveled the bed. This is a great feature to have built in. You can see from the pic in the driveway how level the SC is sitting. It made driving a lot easier than having the tail end compressed & the nose sticking up. It throws the geometry of the vehicle off & makes the steering very light when the bed is loaded up.

View attachment 14856

View attachment 14857
If it tipped the scales at 4100 lbs, how did you come up with 1000 lbs of rock. Was it 4100 lbs before you loaded it up? The SC weighs in at around 3800-4100 pounds unloaded.

· Registered
22 SEL Premium AWD Blue Stone
60 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
If it tipped the scales at 4100 lbs, how did you come up with 1000 lbs of rock. Was it 4100 lbs before you loaded it up? The SC weighs in at around 3800-4100 pounds unloaded.
Hi, I guess I wasn't specific on the explanation. The SC weighed 4100 LBS unloaded, full tank of gas & I got out of the truck. On the scales, loaded up w/ me in it, weighed 5300 LBS. I weigh about 200 LBS.

· Registered
2022 SEL Sage Gray (non turbo)
375 Posts
Hi, I guess I wasn't specific on the explanation. The SC weighed 4100 LBS unloaded, full tank of gas & I got out of the truck. On the scales, loaded up w/ me in it, weighed 5300 LBS. I weigh about 200 LBS.
Very Nice!. I like the zen look. Definitely a place to hang out.

Thanks for sharing,
Gusto!

1 - 9 of 9 Posts