Hyundai Santa Cruz Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
There are a bunch of neat things about the 10.25" display. They might be in the manual somewhere, but maybe if the nicer things could be listed it might be nice to read.

Touch screen is programmed to respond to a touch or swipe everywhere. Try it.
The overall screen can be changed with big swipe left or right.
On splash screen, tap any element to select specific info. Radio channel, time, etc. The faint lines on the right side is actually a live map. Tap to access full map screen.

Split screen, right screen, swipe up or down for other information.

HD radio channel number can be clicked.

When playing an MP3 via USB, the time line across the bottom can be used to move to different points in the track. Track and folder list can be clicked.

Press the steering wheel volume button to mute. If playing an MP3, it will also pause.

Using the MyHundai app, you can find a destination and send it to the car. It will appear on the display when to start the car.

When the cameras are shown, can tap to select different aspect views and zoom.

·
Registered
2022 Santa Cruz Limitied (black/black)
78 Posts
Thanks Andy. It is really odd that it needs to be wired for some phone uses but the smaller display is fully wireless. My iphone 11 pro will play podcasts wirelessly, but not music. I wonder it if is more of a rights issue than anything else, but if so...why for just one of the displays?

·
Registered
2020 Kia Telluride/2014 Chevrolet SS
24 Posts
Thanks Andy. It is really odd that it needs to be wired for some phone uses but the smaller display is fully wireless. My iphone 11 pro will play podcasts wirelessly, but not music. I wonder it if is more of a rights issue than anything else, but if so...why for just one of the displays?
The 10.25” screen only requires a wired connection for CarPlay or Android Auto.

If you’re fine with not having the CarPlay interface, you can always play music and media from your phone with good old Bluetooth audio. Of course, you’ll have to choose the media you want to play directly from your phone or using Siri if you go that route.

·
Registered
2022 Santa Cruz Limitied (black/black)
78 Posts
It won't play music via bluetooth for some reason, but it plays podcasts fine. I haven't tried to do Apple carplay yet. I just tried it on the hour and a half drive home from the dealer.

·
Registered
Black Limited
178 Posts
It won't play music via bluetooth for some reason, but it plays podcasts fine. I haven't tried to do Apple carplay yet. I just tried it on the hour and a half drive home from the dealer.
I play music all the time from my iphone via Bluetooth in my Limited. Usually starts playing as soon as I start it up but if not I just hit media button.

·
Registered
199 Posts
I'm having trouble with my iPhone 12 Pro Max streaming Bluetooth music. Apple Carplay works just fine (SEL Premium Wireless). And the phone works just fine. But when I click on Media, nothing shows up under Bluetooth. It says please connect a Bluetooth compatible device. Well it is. I'm using the phone! I'm using Car Play!

·
Registered
84 Posts
The 10.25” screen only requires a wired connection for CarPlay or Android Auto.

If you’re fine with not having the CarPlay interface, you can always play music and media from your phone with good old Bluetooth audio. Of course, you’ll have to choose the media you want to play directly from your phone or using Siri if you go that route.
I was pleasantly surprised to find out that the Santa Cruz infotainment system can download playlists from some apps like the Music app on iPhone when using bluetooth. Yeah! It doesn't work with the Podcasts app or the Spotify app, but at least artwork broadcasts.

Gadget Font Television set Output device Flat panel display

Playlist from iPhone Music App via Bluetooth

Font Gadget Display device Multimedia Darkness

List of playlists from the Music app on iPhone via bluetooth

Font Material property Display device Computer Electronic device

No playlists on the podcast app on iPhone. :-(

·
Registered
84 Posts
On splash screen, tap any element to select specific info. Radio channel, time, etc. The faint lines on the right side is actually a live map.
I had a little glitch a couple nights ago, and my splash screen map actually turned into a daytime mode. Weird!

Computer Gadget Font Display device Multimedia

·
Registered
84 Posts
One thing...not really a feature of the 10.2" screen exactly, but I've had to use it three times now -- the reset button below the infotainment screen!

I was having issues with CarPlay crashing, and the infotainment system did not rebound gracefully, even after restarting the car (I mean SAV ;-) ) -- I think I've resolved this issue with a better cable, but it was reassuring to know that pushing the reset button is a non-event. The infotainment system reboots in seconds, not a big deal.

Interesting note: if you're driving and press the reset button, the highway driving assist system deactivates temporarily.

Product Peripheral Gadget Input device Cameras & optics

·
Registered
84 Posts
I'm having trouble with my iPhone 12 Pro Max streaming Bluetooth music. Apple Carplay works just fine (SEL Premium Wireless). And the phone works just fine. But when I click on Media, nothing shows up under Bluetooth. It says please connect a Bluetooth compatible device. Well it is. I'm using the phone! I'm using Car Play!
I've never used wireless CarPlay before (and still don't have wireless in my SC!), but in my experience with other wired-CarPlay cars I've had, it's always been an either/or thing for streaming -- either stream via bluetooth and disconnect CarPlay or connect CarPlay and bluetooth streaming disconnects.

Anyway, looks like this is still the case with the Santa Cruz, as well -- I started with CarPlay playing music, and the bluetooth was inactivated. And I pulled the cable from my phone and the CarPlay deactivated and the bluetooth kicked in.

Hope this helps!

Product Font Communication Device Gadget Technology

CarPlay playing music (bluetooth audio deactivates)

Gadget Display device Font Personal luxury car Electronic device

CarPlay is disconnected and bluetooth audio reactivates.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts