Hyundai Santa Cruz Forum banner
1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
2022 Hyundai Santa Cruz SEL Premium AWD 2.5T Blue Stone
201 Posts
I shared that info with my salesperson, and she was astounded.

My theory is that they only have the one in stock, and they don't want to sell it until they have others on hand, so they've marked it up an outrageous amount to keep people from buying it, but they're willing to let it go if someone is willing to pay that price. I bet once they get their others in stock, the price will come down.

·
Registered
67 Posts
Ok... that's nuts. I went to the link and they are showing the $150k. Does anybody know if the Canadian dealers are doing any of these stunts up here? If so, I'm going to cancel mine. My guess is they want to keep that one on the lot for people to look at and order their own off of, as paying over $100,000 over sticker is insane.

·
Registered
2022 Sage Grey SC Ultimate
1,245 Posts
I suppose the upside is only some fool with an extra 100k CASH in the bank could POSSIBLY be so stupid - because no bank is going to finance that there addendum!

·
Registered
100 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
I don’t think it was a publicity stunt because it would’ve been advertised widely. I agree with @monogodo that the dealer has no intention of selling it at this time so they gave it an absurd price.
I only found it because I was searching dealer SC inventory in all major Texas cities, from the official Hyundai website. Came across this insanity and had to share.

·
Registered
19 Posts
I don’t think it was a publicity stunt because it would’ve been advertised widely. I agree with @monogodo that the dealer has no intention of selling it at this time so they gave it an absurd price.
I only found it because I was searching dealer SC inventory in all major Texas cities, from the official Hyundai website. Came across this insanity and had to share.
How are you searching inventory? I have checked official website and they dont list Santa Cruz yet

1 - 20 of 28 Posts