Hyundai Santa Cruz Forum banner

21 - 23 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
"I want my SAV!"
141 Posts
Was happy to see this when once again attempting to research these new engines and wet DTC transmission:

2021 Hyundai Santa Fe Problems, Defects & Complaints (carcomplaints.com)

Does anyone here have access to TBS documents? Looking for the detail on:

DATE PUBLISHED: MAR 30, 2021
NHTSA TSB#: 10190044
LISTED UNDER (carcomplaints site):
HYUNDAI TSB #21-EM-004H
2021 HYUNDAI SANTA FE
Says:
TSB Document:
  • Sorry, the NHTSA has not posted this TSB document yet.
You can still get the detailed info from Hyundai for this TSB. Call your local Hyundai dealer's service department & ask for a copy of TSB# 21-EM-004H.

Affected Component: ENGINE AND ENGINE COOLING

·
Registered
1 Posts
The 2.5 w/ the traditional automatic still does 3.5K trailer if I remember right, which is already quite a bit for a small vehicle. This is a 3.3K lb trailer (empty anyway):
View attachment 710
SC doesn't come with a trailer brake controller from what I read, so you'd need that to even be allowed to tow that trailer in most states legally.
I wont even think about towing that big Passport Ultra light trailer on freeway with any 2.5 Turbo or not V4 engines. That commercial we are shown over and over with the SC towing that trailer seems to me a bit stretch, don't fall for it, be realistic. No wonder Hyundai is not offering a towing brake controller for a reason.

·
Registered
"I want my SAV!"
141 Posts
RE: 2021 Hyundai Santa Fe TSB #21-EM-004H

Surprised no one here has access to this. I'm guessing it might be the "loose fuel line fitting" issue that caused some engine fires, but not sure. What's confusing is the reference to piston pin bearing clearance...

21 - 23 of 23 Posts