Hyundai Santa Cruz Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
56 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I know that the initial concept was a small two door pickup but do we think there will be a 4 door production variant? Many new mid sizes like the new Ranger have opted only to release it as a crew cab. The more configurations, the greater appeal the Santa Cruz can have.

·
Registered
42 Posts
This has been explored in renderings, though Hyundai hasn't given any indication of a 4 door. The concept design lends itself pretty well to a larger cabin.

·
Registered
744 Posts
If Hyundai offers a 4-door then we shouldn't be the least bit surprised if there's a lot of parts sharing going on between it and their SUV's of the same time.

·
Registered
43 Posts
Odds are this model is already going to be sharing a lot of its components from the Santa Fe, including hopefully the AWD system. Think it will also get a turbocharged engine for the top trim?

·
Registered
744 Posts
A 4-banger would do it unless Hyundai has plans for a hybrid which I might consider as the 2020's will be full of them

·
Registered
56 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I just hope that Hyundai provides both AWD and RWD variants of the SC, because some will be buying with fuel economy in mind. Many are looking for a pickup as a replacement dd over their current SUV.

·
Registered
744 Posts
As long as they don't stick to using old components like what Toyota did then i will be happy.
Still can't believe Toyota uses drum brakes, even some entry level passenger sedans don't but their pickup sure does.

·
Registered
56 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
You don't buy a Toyota for leading edge tech, you buy for resale value and reliability. It looks like they will finally be giving the Tacoma some updates for 2020 however.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts