Hyundai Santa Cruz Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
2022 SEL-Premuim 2.5Turbo AWD
183 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey all! I’ve read through the owners bible, err manual, and can’t seem to answer these 2 questions, so I reach out to you….

SEL-PREMIUM, 8.? Radio display, no built in Nav..

1: is there a built in compass display somewhere? I know I can get a map via CarPlay (use it often) but am used to a directional heading in my dash if I use Nav/CarPlay or not.

2: when using the HVAC in AUTOMATIC mode, is the fan speed supposed to be controlled as well? Seems to me in our car the fan speed has to be adjusted manually. Not like that in my other cars. Starts out high then automatically gets lower as temperature is met. Am I missing something or is that how it works in the SC?

If my answers are in the book, feel free to just list the section and I will look it up! 😁😁

Thanks in advance!!

·
Registered
15 Posts
Hello! I'm an SEL Premium owner as well. Here's what I've figured out:

The automatic setting has a low, med and high function indicated by the display and 1, 2, or 3 yellow lights on. The setting will dictate how aggressive the climate control works to get to your desired temp. The fan should modulate automatically in all 3 settings. There is also a diffuse button that forces the air through vents in the dash and floor to keep from bombasting passengers with a stream of air. That function may be on and affecting your automatic climate control.

As far as a compass, I've yet to find one in any functions of the media controls or dashboard...

At any rate, keep us posted about your CC, and happy Cruzin'!

·
Registered
Phantom Black Limited AWD
222 Posts
Hey all! I’ve read through the owners bible, err manual, and can’t seem to answer these 2 questions, so I reach out to you….

1: is there a built in compass display somewhere? I know I can get a map via CarPlay (use it often) but am used to a directional heading in my dash if I use Nav/CarPlay or not.
If you keep pressing the menu button on the steering wheel, one of the options will be a compass.

·
Registered
295 Posts

2: when using the HVAC in AUTOMATIC mode, is the fan speed supposed to be controlled as well? Seems to me in our car the fan speed has to be adjusted manually. Not like that in my other cars. Starts out high then automatically gets lower as temperature is met. Am I missing something or is that how it works in the SC?

If my answers are in the book, feel free to just list the section and I will look it up! 😁😁

Thanks in advance!!
If you use WAZE the Settings offer the option of setting the display so north is always at the top of the screen.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.