Hyundai Santa Cruz Forum banner

1 - 20 of 33 Posts

·
Registered
385 Posts
Usually I don't have much nice to say about Fiat, but this truck actually looks really nice. The front end design , particularly the headlights, is really well done. It's different from the other stuff that is out there. Figures that when Fiat finally makes a vehicle that I think looks great and would actually consider, it is only destined for Latin America and Europe.

·
Registered
75 Posts
Does it have 2 sets of headlights and a set of fog lights? That's a lot of lights! Why won't they release it in America?

·
Registered
285 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
It seems the upper lights are daytime running lights and turn signals. The mid-level are the main low and high beams. The lower ones are the fog lights.

Similar to the Nissan Juke setup.

·
Registered
728 Posts
The whole upper portion of that front end reminds me of the Range Rover Evoque and over all seem to take on some Range Rover lines... not sure what to think of that.

·
Registered
285 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
They say its not coming to the US but it looks to be based on the Jeep Renegade which you can see them building in the background of those photos. The chicken tax is probably part of the problem.

·
Registered
385 Posts
I would say a huge reason is the tax. From the biginning it wasn't meant for North America because they did not want to set up manufacturing for it in the US.

·
Registered
728 Posts
I'm surprised that with a front end that look as good as it does that they managed to come up with a horrible looking rear... not sure what they were thinking... but it sure screams Fiat... so they won in that department.

·
Registered
75 Posts
Lol, how can they not scream Fiat when the rear logo is a giant square. Still would like to test out those barn doors in real life and compare it to the more common trunk hatch.

·
Registered
14 Posts
I like it, very similar to the discontinued last gen ford explorer. I still like the Cruz better, the half rear doors with larger bed just suits me better. Plus imo, the 1/2 rear doors are more esthetically pleasing.

·
Registered
728 Posts
Lol, how can they not scream Fiat when the rear logo is a giant square. Still would like to test out those barn doors in real life and compare it to the more common trunk hatch.
They'll be good, just as long as they don't get in the way, folding out flat or away enough that it doesn't feel as if they are getting in the way is a must.

·
Registered
728 Posts
Not a bad look but after seeing the other picture posted, color helps to build into the character you expect from an FCA truck/SUV, which the follow represents well (IMO)

·
Registered
728 Posts
That and judging from what I can make of the proportions it seems like a bed that would have some good capacity to it as well!

·
Registered
728 Posts
Not sure about the bed capacity but it does have nice looking proportions. Aesthetically pleasing to the eye.
Indeed, for a short box, in the rendering here it was pulled off well since that can be something easy to mess up as you slope the roof line down to meet the bed.

1 - 20 of 33 Posts