1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
Registered
385 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

·
Registered
728 Posts
If Ford actually does this, they could possibly be the ones leading the segment, seeing how much of the market they already have with current trucks.

·
Registered
385 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
It actually does look quite nice. Autoevolution says its really not going to happen, but the render makes it look pretty nice. If everyone is going to jump into this ute segment, then this would be a great addition to the segment.

·
Registered
26 Posts
Why not? If Ford wants to compete, I say bring on the competition. We simply need options like the Santa Cruz in the market.

·
Registered
728 Posts
Build it off the new Mustang platform and I'll trade both my Tacoma & my Mustang in. A perfect replacement for both!
Now that's what i'm talking about!

Just imagine all the Mustang aftermarket and OEM goodies we could throw on and eventually turn it into :D

·
Registered
385 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
This is what the article says as far as why this won't happen.

As we slowly get our feet back on Earth, here's why a Ford Taurus truck would never work. First of all, the Taurus is all about space and comfort. This means that inside, passengers receive particular attention, especially if they sit in the backseat.

·
Registered
728 Posts
Good point.
Even more points to a Mustang truck as mustangs are focused around the driver, making it a great platform for a truck to be based off of.

·
Registered
385 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Yea but I don't think that Ford has any intention of doing any other body styles for the Mustang. I think they would see that is being a detriment to the Mustang brand.

·
Registered
111 Posts
LOL Ford is not going anywhere near ANYTHING that has the potential to pull away sales from The Franchise. Ford stopped selling us Rangers because they said what we really wanted was F-150s...no...if they got rid of a legitimate small truck like the ranger no shot they go moon hunting with a chopped and screwed police special...

Never pay again for live sex! | Hot girls doing naughty stuff for free! | Chat for free!

·
Registered
385 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
So basically Ford says that you can have any kind of truck from us as long as its an F150.

·
Registered
385 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Wagons generally just never happen in NA any more. I think they have been completely replaced by CUVs.

·
Registered
728 Posts
And it's growing, becoming more and more difficult for wagons to slot in, safe to say that era has phased out on a mass scale.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Well it looks okay, but Taurus is FWD ****box. There have been FWD coupe utilities, but they are so nose-heavy when empty they border on dangerous. Real utes exist only in Australia, but will be extinct in a couple of years.
Ford should build one based on the Mustang (but change the name if you don't want to sully the name).
Get some people from Ford Australia to do it.
I am not looking forward to the Santa Cruz, based on ix35. Nor the Mercedes ute (probably will too expensive for anyone but rich poseurs).
Hyundai how about a ute based on Genesis/K900 platform? That would be interesting.

·
Registered
728 Posts
Well it looks okay, but Taurus is FWD ****box. There have been FWD coupe utilities, but they are so nose-heavy when empty they border on dangerous. Real utes exist only in Australia, but will be extinct in a couple of years.
Ford should build one based on the Mustang (but change the name if you don't want to sully the name).
Get some people from Ford Australia to do it.
I am not looking forward to the Santa Cruz, based on ix35. Nor the Mercedes ute (probably will too expensive for anyone but rich poseurs).
Hyundai how about a ute based on Genesis/K900 platform? That would be interesting.
As interesting as it would be for a ute like that, I see them targeting volume and nothing too micro-niche as that would be especially when it comes to the north american market, maybe on the eastern side of the world it'll do well, much like the Holden UTE.

·
Registered
113 Posts
That rendering looks horrible. Why is it so low to the ground? wouldn't your truck clearance be too low when it weighted down by heavy objects in the truck bed?

·
Registered
385 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Its more of an ute. They are lower to the ground. They are quite popular in Australia. For example, here is a Holden ute sold in the US.

1 - 20 of 29 Posts