Hyundai Santa Cruz Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Check Allpar .com my understanding is that this is a "foreign " platform . I swore off "Ram " but if they can deliver the promised efficiency and performance Hyundai was alluding to ,who knows (I just want a vehicle like that ,it would do everything I need .)

·
Registered
113 Posts
I doubt ram can deliver the reliability you want. I've been reading a bit on the rebel and people are having loads of problems with them including a leaky roof.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #4 (Edited)
I've done some more research on this, and it's already sold in many parts of the world as the Fiat Strada (although the Ram concept is four door). Here it is Fiat badged (below). I just wish Hyundai would let us know one way or the other or I may just end up getting a Ridgeline.

·
Registered
286 Posts
No plans for the US. FCA will be coming out with the Wrangler pickup in a few years and potentially a new midsize Dakota.

·
Registered
729 Posts
The Durango is getting a Hellcat version, who knows maybe the Dakota will get it too? After all they're based on the same platform, right? If they do it will be a crazy fast smaller truck.

·
Registered
113 Posts
The Wrangler would be a great alternative if it comes with a short bed. That's why I originally liked the Santa cruz.

·
Registered
729 Posts
You can indeed and with the price of Wranglers to take a hit one the JL comes out, you'll be able to do this for even cheaper if you don't already own a wrangler, which I doubt any of you do.

·
Registered
113 Posts
You'll have to add in the labor costs of installing the kit on top of the kit cost. May as well just wait for the Wrangler pickup and get that. As for the Ram Rampage, we're not getting it so no point in really looking at it and the front looks weird to me.

·
Registered
729 Posts
Buying the JL pickup will indeed be the cheaper way around. The other option is to buy a used wrangler pick up but at the moment they might still be holding value well. But I can only imagine a small number of people buying them used.

·
Registered
113 Posts
When was the last time Jeep came out with the Wrangler pickup for mass production? Or are you talking about second hand custom Wrangler trucks?

1 - 13 of 13 Posts