Hyundai Santa Cruz Forum banner
1 - 20 of 32 Posts

·
Registered
1,887 Posts
The Mav looks smaller here... the SC has this almost bulky look in comparison with all the curves and bulges (like muscles) where the straight lines of the Mav make it appear more tight and constrained, almost skinny. The SC really does look like a lifted car or small SUV where the Mav screams mini-truck like an old Mazda B2000. The sheet-metal bed reinforces that traditional truck look where the composite bed of the SC makes the bed look like a large trunk, which is exactly what you have with tonneau cover in place.

·
Registered
515 Posts
Yikes, those rims on the Maverick look like they are for the spare "donut" tire. They look absolutely horrible! Have to wonder (hope!) if they're some kind of covering for transport that the dealer will take off????

After a re-watch, nope, those are the rims. Dang! As if it wasn't ugly enough! IMHO of course

·
Registered
1,887 Posts
Yikes, those rims on the Maverick look like they are for the spare "donut" tire. They look absolutely horrible! Have to wonder (hope!) if they're some kind of covering for transport that the dealer will take off????
Nope those are the base mode steelies... that is how it comes from Ford when you don't add any options. There is a reason this vehicle starts under $20k.

Wheel Tire Automotive parking light Car Land vehicle

Same with the bed, nothing in there unless you add a bed liner (drop in or spray in) however some packages do include it.

·
Registered
2022 Sage Grey SC Ultimate
1,313 Posts
Ah, steelies have a certain charm to them. Around here, they either mean you're on your winter tires, or you bought the cheapest thing on the lot.

• Haha
Reactions: JMII

·
Registered
1,887 Posts
Ah, steelies have a certain charm to them.
Steelies = beater or fleet vehicle to me. I guess some people are using them in an ironic hipster way. So much so Ford puts fake ones on the Bronco. Basically this is all about bucking the trend to fit big, flashy, over the top wheels on rugged or utility type vehicles. So I get it - steelies for the win: functionality over style... and for a work truck this make sense but for a personal vehicle is just appears cheap.

Steelies are still better then those fake, plastic wheel covers that look like rims - now that is truly sad and screams "cheap". Bonus points for the ones that include fake wheel nuts in the design :ROFLMAO:

·
Registered
2022 Sage Grey SC Ultimate
1,313 Posts
Steelies are still better then those fake, plastic wheel covers that look like rims - now that is truly sad and screams "cheap". Bonus points for the ones that include fake wheel nuts in the design :ROFLMAO:
Hey now - Dodge made them so they actually used the lug nuts to hold them on! They were always a bit annoying on our old Journey that way .. trying to line the covers up while trying to get the wheel to stay in place before the first nut was on. Not going to miss that. LOL

·
Registered
173 Posts

After a re-watch, nope, those are the rims. Dang! As if it wasn't ugly enough! IMHO of course
Steelies for the XL...it's a $22,000 truck...

·
Registered
2022 SEL AWD * Non-Activity - SoCal
1,689 Posts
STEELIES! 🤣 🤣 🤣

Saw my first Maverick in the wild today. Reminded me of an '80's base trim pickup with a quad cab at first glance. After doing a double-take, I realized it was a base trim white Hybrid Maverick complete with silver steelies. :sick:

It struck me as very small looking with skinny steel wheels and tires, and very generic fleet looking. Also looked cheap, square and frankly ugly.

Not my cup of tea at all!

·
Registered
2022 Santa Cruz SEL AWD Black Beauty
353 Posts
I found the interior to be very cheap/junky looking. The white dash and white door inserts looked like something the dealer should remove after shipping during the prep setup. Just really bad IMO.

·
Registered
1,887 Posts
I found the interior to be very cheap/junky looking. The white dash and white door inserts looked like something the dealer should remove after shipping during the prep setup. Just really bad IMO.
That was my wife's reaction too. It looks like they ran out of material when making the door panels. I normally like accent colors, but this looks like an accident!

·
Registered
20 Posts
My local Fold dealer has a couple on Mavericks on the lot, so I did a side by side with the Santa Cruz....

After seeing the video, the Mav looks like a Honda Element that was converted to a pickup. IMO when I was looking over vehicles for my next purchase, the only thing that stood out of the Mav over the SC was the Hybrid option.

·
Registered
46 Posts
By comparison if you are satisfied with having a 4 ft. bed then by far, no comparison and go with the Cruz, at least that's the way I see it. I was so surprised with the ride quality, handling, power and looks of the Cruz. Here in Pittsburgh our potholes are tough on rims, having bent a few over the years, so if I bought a pickup I would prefer steel rims.

1 - 20 of 32 Posts