Votes: 4 18.2%
  • Desert Sand

Votes: 7 31.8%
1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
788 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
View all available 2022 Santa Cruz exterior paint color options here for the SE, SEL, SEL Premium and Limited models

2022 Hyundai Santa Cruz Color Options
  • Ice White
  • Phantom Black
  • Hampton Gray
  • Sage Gray
  • Blue Stone
  • Desert Sand
2022-santa-cruz-limited-blue-stone.png

Blue Stone

2022-santa-cruz-limited-hampton-grey.png

Hampton Gray

2022-santa-cruz-limited-ice-white-hero.png

Ice White

2022-santa-cruz-limited-phantom-black.png

Phantom Black

2022-santa-cruz-limited-sage-grey.png

Sage Gray

2022-santa-cruz-limited-sandstorm.png

Desert Sand

·
Registered
76 Posts
Sage gray they showed off is beautiful, but that desert sand does it for me in pictures. Will have to wait and see in person though, because if that white is a nice pearl white I might change my mind.

·
Registered
2 Posts
I like the blue stone and the desert sand, but really wish they had some shade of red. I probably won’t be buying for a couple of years so maybe there will be by the time I am ready.

·
Registered
4 Posts
I have reserved the desert sand, but hope it’s a little lighter than the rendering above. The sage gray in the unveiling is certainly lighter than the rendering.

·
Registered
788 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I like the blue stone and the desert sand, but really wish they had some shade of red. I probably won’t be buying for a couple of years so maybe there will be by the time I am ready.
Welcome to the forum @kpq1978!

Any specific red from Hyundai you would like to see on the Santa Cruz?

Pulse Red?

·
Registered
2 Posts
That Pulse Red from the Kona would look good. I also like the Red Crimson on the 2021 Tucson. But if Hyundai wants to stick with sort of a natural earth tone kind of thing for the Santa Cruz, I think a color inspired by red rocks or red clay could look pretty sharp, too.

·
Registered
76 Posts
Designers more or less implied that they took a bunch of pictures from Tucson AZ landscapes, and hovered photoshop color sampler over various primary colors and voila.

That is the new trend now.

The other option could have been to go with really loud wild colors to signify how it stands out from traditionalist pickups, however, the elegant interior and exterior design doesn't really mesh with that in-your-face pow colors, and even the Kona has gotten rid of the bright yellows and oranges.

·
Registered
49 Posts
Sage Grey but Blue Stone is very temping. I've owned two green cars (an Eclipse and a Rodeo) and I like that is a color you don't see often. Black and white are on my list of never again colors, been there done that, no thanks. Silver is just so played out these days. I would be OK with Desert Tan but the wife said **** no o_O

·
Registered
2012 Mini Cooper 2007 Honda CR-V 1968 IH Travelall 4X4
37 Posts
Great color options! I've only seen the Sage Gray and what I think is the Desert Sand in real photos. The colors on their site drawings don't seem to reflect the actual colors in person very well. I can imagine the Black and White easy enough, but still need to see the Hampton Gray and Blue Stone. Cant wait to see them all lined up next to each other in person.

·
Registered
76 Posts
We now know from the video of the blue one, these pictures really aren't representative of the real world look. The blue for example looks more like a baby blue in the video.

·
Registered
16 Posts
Wow, that blue looks identical to my current Subaru Crosstrek, Subie calls it “Cool Gray Khaki”. A lot of fancy names for what is clearly “baby blue”, lol.

·
Registered
20 Posts
Call me crazy, but I actually like the way it looks in black. I had a black truck once, and yes it always looked dirty. Plus it gets hot in the sun. But it looks nice. I like the way the blue looks in the rendering, but not the way it looks in the Canadian video. Maybe I'm ready for a white vehicle to blend in with the snow.

·
Registered
76 Posts
Call me crazy, but I actually like the way it looks in black.
I guess its OK, as long as you wear a COVID mask that makes ventilator noises and spit out slogans like "I find your lack of faith disturbing", "give into your hate and anger" or "perhaps I can find new ways to motivate them" out the window at random people. :)

·
Registered
4 Posts
Call me crazy, but I actually like the way it looks in black. I had a black truck once, and yes it always looked dirty. Plus it gets hot in the sun. But it looks nice. I like the way the blue looks in the rendering, but not the way it looks in the Canadian video. Maybe I'm ready for a white vehicle to blend in with the snow.
I also like the look of the black Santa Cruz. It blends the black plastic bits in. I've had several black cars and 1 previous truck. It is a pain to keep clean, but does look awesome when clean. My current Model 3 and Toyota Highlander are both black. My '98 Tacoma is similar to desert sand. The F-Type goes in opposite direction and is a metallic orange (Firesand) which wasn't too popular since the Jag website configurator made the color look like muddy orange and dealerships didn't have that color on the lot. Much nicer in person.

·
Registered
37 Posts
I was hoping the Blue Stone would be closer to Toyota Calvary Blue, but I like it just the same and plan to stick with it unless the Hampton Gray blows me away. The Kia Telluride in "Nightfall Edition" gray with blacked out chrome does look really sweat.

·
Registered
20 Posts
I guess its OK, as long as you wear a COVID mask that makes ventilator noises and spit out slogans like "I find your lack of faith disturbing", "give into your hate and anger" or "perhaps I can find new ways to motivate them" out the window at random people. :)
My brother had a green AMC Hornet Wagon until the frame broke and the front wheel fell off backing out of a parking space. That car had no horn. He used to stick his head outt he window and yell "BEEP BEEP" at people. He sounded just like Kermit the Frog.

Maybe we can get a group of folks who buy white Santa Cruzes together with one person who buys a black one. As long as the white ones miss everything they drive at ...

·
Registered
24 Posts
Not sure how accurate these will be but here's a sample of Hyundai

Hampton Gray, this may be my favorite option other than white if this is what it looks like in the real world:

Desert Sand:

·
Registered
37 Posts
That gray Hyundai sedan color does look good.

Is this the Desert Sand or an odd lighting effect on the Sage Gray?

1 - 20 of 22 Posts