• Blue Stone

Votes: 8 22.9%
  • Desert Sand

Votes: 7 20.0%
21 - 40 of 77 Posts

·
Registered
147 Posts
I don't think they have any sand preproduction models rolling around yet, probably just different lighting on the sage like you say.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Sage gray they showed off is beautiful, but that desert sand does it for me in pictures. Will have to wait and see in person though, because if that white is a nice pearl white I might change my mind.
Blue is much lighter/pastelly than I like... Probably have to go back to Sage Gray

·
Registered
66 Posts
I hope that the Desert Sand has more pizazz to it in real-life than what it seems in the ads; I prefer a bold color. The very fact that we are having these kinds of discussions: "Is this the green one or the blue? Or maybe it is the gray..." means these colors are as wishy-washy as a politician at a press conference.

·
Registered
66 Posts
Yowza! Sign me up for that flourescent yellow-green!

·
Registered
150 Posts
These muted tones are likely a result of white and grey being constant top sellers. So in order to make the SC easier to sell they took basic grey then added a hint of blue, green and tan into it. Granted this is not very dramatic or exciting, but at least we got some color.

BTW I've owned an orange car before so don't blame me for this trend :sneaky: I like colorful cars with bright metallic colors.

·
Registered
"I want my SAV!"
141 Posts
Like the Tucson that is closer to the Santa Cruz Blue Stone pictured on the Hyundai build site. (y) I've always called that Gun Metal Blue. Don't know what Hyundai calls it on the Tucson?

·
Registered
40 Posts
This popped up on my Instagram feed last night... the yellow color doesn't look like anything I've seen. I guess it could be the Desert Sand, but if so Hyundai isn't doing themselves any favors with the press photos...

View attachment 764

http://instagr.am/p/CPEdekpsrbw/
Nice... I didn't think I'd like the sand color but that has some pizazz to it.. lol.. .I'd do that I think... best view of colors so far... the hapton gray - I think - looked ok.. typical primer looking color.

·
Registered
40 Posts
The best part is in that video you see one parked right next to a red Ranger... so a good idea of the size.

·
Registered
"I want my SAV!"
141 Posts
Bigger/higher than my Mini and smaller/lower than a Ranger. This bear says that's just right!

Reactions: randY49 and JMII

·
Registered
"I want my SAV!"
141 Posts

Are you sure that's Hampton Gray? It looks really close to some of the other color differentiations of Sage Gray.

·
Registered
"I want my SAV!"
141 Posts
The one between the Mini and the Ranger does look to be Gray and not Sage Gray. It appears darker in that photo.

Surprised the Desert Sand is more Yellow-Gold. Wait until the next photo, it will change colors like all the rest. o_O

Reactions: JMII

·
Registered
150 Posts
Bigger/higher than my Mini and smaller/lower than a Ranger. This bear says that's just right!
100% agree... this is what put me off the Ranger: too **** high / tall. I parked my Dakota next to a GMC Canyon the other day and it had the same problem, extra height for no apparent reason. Even the hood / grille was taller then my Dakota. I think they did this to make these mid-sizers look more full-size :rolleyes: but I like the sleeker, lower look of the SC way better.

Surprised the Desert Sand is more Yellow-Gold. Wait until the next photo, it will change colors like all the rest.
The press photos made it look like a weak, washed out beige, however this golden color actually looks decent.

21 - 40 of 77 Posts