Votes: 8 22.9%
  • Desert Sand

Votes: 7 20.0%
61 - 77 of 77 Posts

·
Registered
150 Posts
Do they know something we don't?
Well since they got the HP and TQ for the engine wrong I'd say they know nothing. The Ridgeline pricing is funny too, seems they cut it in half :LOL: the information posted on that website is nothing more then pure speculation. Heck I Photoshopped a red SC... its fun, anyone can do it!

·
Registered
"I want my SAV!"
141 Posts
Well since they got the HP and TQ for the engine wrong I'd say they know nothing. The Ridgeline pricing is funny too, seems they cut it in half :LOL: the information posted on that website is nothing more then pure speculation. Heck I Photoshopped a red SC... its fun, anyone can do it!
Maybe Honda is going after the Ford Maverick in 2022 with a pee-wee base model to get a sub-twenty thousand base price publication number; you never know... That low claimed (lie?) base price Ford is floating will get some buyers to wait and see before pulling the trigger on Hyundai or other brands.

Isn't the base 2.5L non-turbo 190hp/180lbft like they and other sites state?

·
Registered
150 Posts
Dark green two tone leather is an option? Hmmmm. Also rain sensing wipers are on the highest trim.

·
Registered
34 Posts
Tough to say how this will translate for US spec models since Canada only gets the Turbo AWD but a few things jumped out at me...

• Sliding rear glass and painted door handles on all trims.
  • 'Dark Chrome' front fascia standard on all trims.
  • Adaptive cruise not standard, on middle trim and up.
  • 2nd row HVAC vents only on top trim, that's a bummer...
  • LED headlights on top trim only.

I copy/pasted the trim details and put them side by side because... well it's Friday and I have some time on my hands :p Here's everything that is different from trim to trim:

RE: Green leather, that sounds pretty interesting. I'd LOVE to see them offer a utilitarian seat covering like Subaru offers on the 'Sport' trim of the Crosstrek. The 'StarTex' fabric looks and feels leather-ish, but is water resistant and should wipe clean like my old Honda Element. I wouldn't even mind having rubberized flooring like my Element, but I suspect I'm in the minority there and that doesn't go with the upmarket vibe Hyundai seems to be going for with the Santa Cruz...

Attachments

·
Registered
66 Posts
Whatever that fabric is that Honda used on the seats of the Element has been great stuff. 16 years and going strong (except for the leather wear panel on the seat edge that my butt rubs while getting in and out -- that part looks pretty worn out .)

·
Registered
"I want my SAV!"
141 Posts
Agree with the Element seats. Honda seems to use good firm padding that doesn't breakdown quickly too. Our 15 year old CRV seats still feel like new firm padding; only the little raised edge on the outer sides is flatting out from ingress and egress.

I prefer "good quality" cloth/fabric over leather if not heated or cooled. The one bad thing about cloth is it doesn't allow you to slide in the seat easily. This can be a problem for the elderly and woman in dresses. Do dresses even exist anymore? :LOL:

·
Registered
66 Posts
... a problem for the elderly and woman in dresses. Do dresses even exist anymore? :LOL:
Probably only for elderly women. <rimshot!>

·
Registered
7 Posts
This popped up on my Instagram feed last night... the yellow color doesn't look like anything I've seen. I guess it could be the Desert Sand, but if so Hyundai isn't doing themselves any favors with the press photos...

View attachment 764

http://instagr.am/p/CPEdekpsrbw/
If you look at the video, it taken in Big Bear Lake, California. It’s about 2 hrs outside of LA. They film a lot there. I bet they were filming a commercial which is why there were three Santa Cruz models in the video. That yellow/gold has got to be the desert sand. I just changed my pick from the blue to the sand.

·
Registered
66 Posts
The mutability of these colors is just crazy! In every picture I see, the colors are different. Maybe that mustard yellow is a one-off test color and not the rather dusty-looking red-gray-sand color we've seen elsewhere.

·
Registered
7 Posts
I haven’t seen the desert sand color on any of the Santa Cruz’s except on the website where all of the colors are different from what we’ve seen on actual cars in the photos and videos so I am hoping that the bright yellow/gold is the actual production color that they are calling desert sand.

·
Registered
7 Posts
A red or orange would fit in with their natural desert color theme... here is my take - I give you "Red Rock" -

View attachment 801

Interesting note - if you download the Desert Sand image off Hyundai's website the PNG file is actually called "Sandstorm". This will be the answer to a trivia question at some point in the future :giggle:
I love, love your “red rock”! That would be my first choice if it were a real color option 😉

61 - 77 of 77 Posts