Hyundai Santa Cruz Forum banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
799 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
On the interior, the Hyundai Santa Cruz has a standard 8” touchscreen with WIRELESS Apple Car Play and Android Auto, and an even larger 10.25” cluster and Touchscreen Navigation are available--the perfect way to negotiate the urban grid or get you on to the next adventure.
Car Automotive navigation system Vehicle Automotive design Gps navigation device

·
Registered
893 Posts
Nobody has commented on the lack of physical knobs and buttons yet? :unsure:

This setup is sleek and modern, very Telsa-like with a large, flat panel... but I wish they had kept a volume knob and some real buttons for the HVAC system. I wonder if the smaller 8" screen has real buttons below it.

Curious what the star button does. The steering wheel has the same button. I am guessing some kind of favorite or short cut so it will quickly brings up a certain menu you use all the time.

·
Registered
70 Posts
I mean, the driver can adjust the station/volume from the steering wheel. I can't imagine it's that horrible, but I haven't had long term exposure to this particular type infotainment design. Aside from my dad's old 1988 Buick Riviera! 🤣

·
Registered
893 Posts
I mean, the driver can adjust the station/volume from the steering wheel.
Yep that works. Just seems Hyundai didn't learn from Honda's mistake, they got ripped for this same thing. I guess this is the price you pay for "hi-tech" touchscreens controlling everything.

·
Registered
45 Posts
I'm worried about how all the infotainment stuff ages. I mean that both aesthetically and functionally. Given the choice, I'd rather have knobs.

My commuter car is a 2012 Ford Focus. That Focus had pretty bad reliability ratings because of a crappy automatic transmission and a crappy infotainment system. I spec'd mine with a manual transmission and a CD player, and it's been flawless because I skipped all the tech.

·
Registered
35 Posts
The touch panel looks modern, but it is surprising that these manufacturers continue to make the same mistakes. Sitting idly, these systems work fine, but in the real world when you’re driving, buttons work best, it’s just fact. Function over form, please!

·
Registered
718 Posts
Hoping for a matching 2022 Tucson style SE analog gauge cluster and 8" screen with knobs myself on the base Santa Cruz SE. Like the idea of a backup camera, but don't need a 10.25" screen for that. Prefer analogy gauges with shade cover too. Call me Old School, non-techy, or just plain old (lol); but I know what I like! Not that there is anything wrong with going full tech for those that prefer it, are willing to pay up for it and will use it to its' full potential. I don't want a sunroof either, but that's just me. I do like my AWD though!

·
Registered
615 Posts
There are quite a few Tucsons by me at least, so you don't have to wait for a SC and can just plop your butt in one and test them out for yourself.

Digital ****pit and infotainment review:

Bose 8-speaker review:

Base 8" infotainment:

·
Registered
718 Posts
Please offer the Bose sound system as a standalone for the 8" base SE model with knobs and include the analog shaded dash too, like the 2022 Tucson!

I think I know what the "Digital ****pit" stands for and if I'm right I have to agree. o_O

Added: Nope, I think I miss read that as #2pit (a dislike), when it's just normal computer IA staring out a word for the flying center in an airplane. My bad...

·
Registered
718 Posts
This 2022 Tucson interior lower-level tech looks great me.

I especially like the backup camera screen with buttons and knobs for basic functions.

Hoping the Santa Cruz base SE comes just like this, including the gauges with sun screen.

·
Registered
893 Posts

I especially like the backup camera screen with buttons and knobs for basic functions.
Agree this what most people would be more comfortable with.

·
Registered
615 Posts
I can deal with it, but the gauges with the sunscreen are really budget looking. I might still end up getting it as the Blue trim of the Tucson is the one I like the best overall, but they really cheaped out on the base gauges IMO.

·
Registered
718 Posts
I can deal with it, but the gauges with the sunscreen are really budget looking. I might still end up getting it as the Blue trim of the Tucson is the one I like the best overall, but they really cheaped out on the base gauges IMO.
For some reason traditional gauge clusters appeal to me. I recall a base Tucson video that showed lighting on the far edges of the speedo and tach that indicates the different drive settings, but the flat screen changes the whole gauge cluster look. One feature that did stand out for me on the flat screen is the tach turning into a blind spot camera when you turn the blinker on. That's slick!

·
Registered
615 Posts
For some reason traditional gauge clusters appeal to me. I recall a base Tucson video that showed lighting on the far edges of the speedo and tach that indicates the different drive settings, but the flat screen changes the whole gauge cluster look. One feature that did stand out for me on the flat screen is the tach turning into a blind spot camera when you turn the blinker on. That's slick!
On the Tucson its only on the limited with the surround view monitoring system. We know the SC will have that option as you could see the cameras on their preproduction model, but it may only be on the highest possible trim $$$.

·
Registered
893 Posts
One feature that did stand out for me on the flat screen is the tach turning into a blind spot camera when you turn the blinker on. That's slick!
(y) :cool: this is one of greatest features in the car industry right now. Honda came out with it first (called Lane Watch) but Hyundai has perfected it. For some reason (likely cost) Honda is actually dropping it on newer models just as other manufactures are adding more parking or lane assist type camera systems.

I noticed in one video this feature works when the vehicle is in park too. My hope is it works in reverse that would help getting my boat down the ramp at dark o'clock in the morning.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts