Hyundai Santa Cruz Forum banner
1 - 20 of 31 Posts

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was wondering if others have noticed whether or not the ventilated seats are working correctly?

What I have noticed is it the back of the driver seat does not seem to blow near as much as the passenger back. Both seat bottoms work well.

·
Registered
Black Limited
179 Posts
I was wondering if others have noticed whether or not the ventilated seats are working correctly?

What I have noticed is it the back of the driver seat does not seem to blow near as much as the passenger back. Both seat bottoms work well.
Just got my Limited today and tried them but I didn't think the seats were doing as well as the backs. Need more seat time to be sure.

·
Registered
161 Posts
My driverside works great. Haven't tried the passenger side. Feels like stronger airflow than the ventilated seats in our Tucson Limited.

·
Registered
2022 Limited Blue Stone
680 Posts
it could be, driver side is power adjusted and passenger is manual, maybe the motorized mechanism blocks some air flow?

·
Registered
White Limited AWD
34 Posts
I'll have to compare to the passenger side but I am not impressed by the ventilated seats in this car. It's the only "disappointment" I have come across so far :)

·
Registered
2022 Santa Cruz LTD AWD Hampton Gray
42 Posts
The vented seats are basically just a fan, pulling heat away from you. Hyundai does not offer a true "cooling" seat-pushing air from the AC unit to your seat. They are all equally weak, but do help a little!

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I Found plastic vent/Plenum loose and laying under the seat. Reinstalled. Still does not work well… But better.

* i’ve encountered lots of things on the drivers/left side of the car done wrong. I think the person on that side of the line got out of training the day before they built mine. Have Quite a list started…

·
Registered
White Limited AWD
34 Posts
I Found plastic vent/Plenum loose and laying under the seat. Reinstalled. Still does not work well… But better.

* i’ve encountered lots of things on the drivers/left side of the car done wrong. I think the person on that side of the line got out of training the day before they built mine. Have Quite a list started…
What else have you found?

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
SANTA CRUZ PUNCH LIST (So Far):
  • Drivers door wire harness rubber boot twisted/ installed backwards I FIXED…
  • Drivers door doesn’t shut well.
  • Check all doors…
  • Drivers door usually will not lock with finger press from outside.
  • Driver seat BACK does not cool. Seat bottom does… Passenger seat works…
    • Found plastic vent/Plenum loose and laying under the seat. Reinstalled. Still does not work…
  • Cargo cover very hard to slide OILED better now…
  • Trunk door hard to lift
  • Navigation updater says vehicle isn't registered?
    • Called bluelink…
  • BlueLink, user picture not working?
    • Called bluelink. No answer

·
Registered
2022 Santa Cruz LTD AWD Hampton Gray
42 Posts
  • Drivers door wire harness rubber boot twisted/ installed backwards I FIXED…
  • Drivers door doesn’t shut well.
  • Check all doors…
  • Drivers door usually will not lock with finger press from outside.
  • Driver seat BACK does not cool. Seat bottom does… Passenger seat works…
    • Found plastic vent/Plenum loose and laying under the seat. Reinstalled. Still does not work…
  • Trunk door hard to lift
  • Navigation updater says vehicle isn't registered?
    • Called bluelink…
  • BlueLink, user picture not working?
    • Called bluelink. No answer
Just some help...

Thumb slide on the door-a single finger for some reason doesn't do it. I always teach customers to press and slide their thumb only.

Nav/Bluelink should have been set up at dealer. Very hard/Impossible to do on your own, from what I've heard.

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
I’ve tried fingers and thumbs as well as my wife. I’m just using the Fob for now.

The dealer did -nothing- but I am a geek so I’ll get bluelink fixed. I’ve called them and they say user profile picture and some other things are “known issues”...

·
Registered
158 Posts

You can't expect too much from a factory in Alabama. Go Vols!!
😂😂

·
Registered
112 Posts
All these comments about the ventilated seats have me re-thinking my desire for the Limited. I loved an ex-girlfriends ventilated seats in her Kia Optima. I was expecting the same from Hyundai. Don't want the 20" wheels anyway. Might drop down to an SEL Premium.

·
Registered
169 Posts
All these comments about the ventilated seats have me re-thinking my desire for the Limited. I loved an ex-girlfriends ventilated seats in her Kia Optima. I was expecting the same from Hyundai. Don't want the 20" wheels anyway. Might drop down to an SEL Premium.
I've been having the same internal back and forth the past few days. "Do I really need this or that feature? Do I have to have blind spot monitor?" "Are ventilated seats a must-have?" Leaning towards NO. Have a limited reserved. Time will tell.

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
I've been having the same internal back and forth the past few days. "Do I really need this or that feature? Do I have to have blind spot monitor?" "Are ventilated seats a must-have?" Leaning towards NO. Have a limited reserved. Time will tell.
I think I'm still very happy with the Limited trim option. The adaptive cruise / lane assist and centering are CRAZY good. WAY better then expected! I will sort out the little nit picks...

·
Registered
Black Limited
179 Posts
Mine too! What/where did you oil? Thought about Dry Lube or silicon but haven't really looked at it yet.
When to the carwash after owner it for less than a day. Found the tonneau cover does leak but not too bad.

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
Mine too! What/where did you oil? Thought about Dry Lube or silicon but haven't really looked at it yet.
When to the carwash after owner it for less than a day. Found the tonneau cover does leak but not too bad.
I used the same lube I use for my garage door tracks (purchased at Lowes). Just a light myst, mess free, quick drying spray oil... Worked well !

I was going to try the car wash test today. Where did yours leak - front, back?

*Ive also noticed there is no seal around the tailgate at all **Very wide gap at sides and Especially the bottom.
- I think it's going to stay pretty dirty in the back area unfortunately... Mine already is after 4-days. It was clean at delivery...

I have owned F-150's in the past but don't remember. I think they had a gasket / seal

1 - 20 of 31 Posts