1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
2022 limited
43 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
How did Maverick win?

Wardsauto.com Top 10 Interiors

2022 Wards 10 Best Interiors & UX nominees list (asterisk denotes winner)

Audi e-tron
BMW i4
BMW iX *
Ford Maverick *
Genesis GV70 *

Hyundai Ioniq 5
Hyundai Santa Cruz
Infiniti QX60
Jeep Compass
Jeep Grand Wagoneer *
Kia Carnival
Kia EV6 *
Lexus NX 350 F Sport
Lincoln Navigator
Lucid Air *
Mercedes-Benz EQS580 *

Mini Cooper SE Hardtop
Rivian R1T *
Subaru BRZ
Toyota Tundra *
Volkswagen Golf GTI *

Volkswagen Taos

·
Registered
84 Posts
The Maverick is the only Ford on the list. It's like being the best player on a terrible team.
The SC is just standard fare for a Hyundai. It's like making the all-star game as the 4th best player on your team.

·
Registered
81 Posts
How did Maverick win?

Audi e-tron
BMW i4
BMW iX *
Ford Maverick *
Genesis GV70 *

Hyundai Ioniq 5
Hyundai Santa Cruz
Infiniti QX60
Jeep Compass
Jeep Grand Wagoneer *
Kia Carnival
Kia EV6 *
Lexus NX 350 F Sport
Lincoln Navigator
Lucid Air *
Mercedes-Benz EQS580 *

Mini Cooper SE Hardtop
Rivian R1T *
Subaru BRZ
Toyota Tundra *
Volkswagen Golf GTI *

Volkswagen Taos
the Maverick interior is barebone and bland, They must not have good taste if the maverick won...

·
Registered
997 Posts
This is a good example for showing how opinions can differ:
the Maverick interior is barebone and bland, ...
OTOH, to me, it looks gawdy, garish and slapped-together (lacking any design elegance*).
*That's a phrase I never thought I would utter -- about anything.

Reactions: JeanM and Sparkland

·
Registered
1,881 Posts
How did Maverick win?
Their check to award committee didn't bounce? I sure can't explain it otherwise since the interior of the Maverick is one of its worse features. Maybe the reviewer likes cheap hard plastic and random textures along with square shapes and orange accents.

·
Registered
81 Posts
Their check to award committee didn't bounce? I sure can't explain it otherwise since the interior of the Maverick is one of its worse features. Maybe the reviewer likes cheap hard plastic and random textures along with square shapes and orange accents.
Yeah really. I test drove it and thought "This is pretty cool but my god they dont give a **** about the interior cabin at all" lol

·
Registered
2022 limited
43 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Maverick is one of its worse features.
"…they dont give a **** about the interior cabin at all" lol
I have a feeling it’s because they are targeting BEV and hybrid. I don’t think it has much to do with interior or UX.

I have been looking for a car for a while. Happened to test drive a Santa Cruz on a whim and told the sales guy he wasn’t getting the keys back. Seriously the Santa Cruz is a grand slam. Even people that don’t like the look (they are dumb) are blown away when they get in.

·
Registered
1,881 Posts
Even people that don’t like the look (they are dumb) are blown away when they get in.
The interior of the SC is very modern and sleek. The Mav's interior is more of a throw back to old school design. Same with the exterior design on both vehicles. So it really comes down to your personal taste, do you want to relive the past or move into the future? I continue to believe this is the main factor that causes people to buy one vs the other. Remove the badges, see that both vehicles are nearly identical spec and pricing wise, have similar functionality... so your left with just how they looks and the tech differences. The counter argument is traditionalists hate the "stupid" SC with its piano black, no volume knob, touch A/C controls, flat digital dash, weird shape, rolling bed cover, etc.

·
Registered
10 Posts
How did Maverick win?

Audi e-tron
BMW i4
BMW iX *
Ford Maverick *
Genesis GV70 *

Hyundai Ioniq 5
Hyundai Santa Cruz
Infiniti QX60
Jeep Compass
Jeep Grand Wagoneer *
Kia Carnival
Kia EV6 *
Lexus NX 350 F Sport
Lincoln Navigator
Lucid Air *
Mercedes-Benz EQS580 *

Mini Cooper SE Hardtop
Rivian R1T *
Subaru BRZ
Toyota Tundra *
Volkswagen Golf GTI *

Volkswagen Taos
The Mav really won for best interior? How? I looked hard at the Maverick, tried hard to convince myself to buy it because it was so much cheaper than the Cruz. But when the time came to pull the trigger, I could not get past how cheap the interior of the Mav is.
The cubby hole next to the entertainment screen that's too small looks ridiculous and is obviously some sort of mistake. And all the cheap plastic was just a turn off for me. I realized that the interior of my 2006 Ford Ranger was much nicer than the 2022 Maverick.
I also realized that the cost difference between the Mav and the Cruz was only $4-$5k at each trim level, but what that extra $ bought you on the Cruz is not even available on the Maverick.
Got my Cruz 3+ weeks ago and could not be happier. Love, love, love the interior comfort, elegance, and quality every time I get into it.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts