Hyundai Santa Cruz Forum banner
1 - 20 of 20 Posts

· Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was a bit " surprised " that I am in the extreme weather part of the US. I had my initial oil change around 7,000 miles ( had to wait 3 weeks to get an appointment at the dealer ) and was told by the service department my next one will be around 15,000 miles. I questioned them that I was under the impression that my oil should be changed every 6,000 miles, per the owners manual I received with the vehicle. I've haven't been notified of this mileage change. I took my Santa Cruz to another dealer for a transmission software update, and the service advisor told me that being in the extreme weather area, the oil needs to be changed every 5,000 miles, which Hyundai doesn't cover. They only cover the 7,500 oil change, is it me, or is this something that Hyundai should let their customers be aware of?

· Registered
1,943 Posts
What you’re entitled to is a free oil change, every 8000miles for only regular conditions (SC specific interval, per owners manual) 7,500miles is the Hyundai generic interval, but it doesn’t hurt to get your oil changed at the generic interval

For sever condition oil change interval, Santa Cruz is 5000 miles per maintenance manual

You’re entitled to free oil change, every other intervals, if you follow sever conditions

· Registered
2 Posts
What you’re entitled to is a free oil change, every 8000miles for only regular conditions (SC specific interval, per owners manual) 7,500miles is the Hyundai generic interval, but it doesn’t hurt to get your oil changed at the generic interval

For sever condition oil change interval, Santa Cruz is 5000 miles per maintenance manual

You’re entitled to free oil change, every other intervals, if you follow sever conditions
Synthetic or conventional oil?

· Registered
41 Posts

I would have been happy to receive even one free oil change. Our dealer in Northern Ontario offers "0" free oil changes. :(

· Registered
180 Posts
I think it’s simply a joke with the limitations and BS that comes along with it. Change it yourself and save the grief all together. Free? not really as you already paid for it one way or the other.

· Registered
2022 Santa Cruz SEL Premium, Blue Stone
49 Posts
Our Hyundai dealer here told me 5,000 (miles) is the recommended interval. We will be hitting that number here shortly and I have the oil change service scheduled. They said they will do every other one free for three years. So they do the 5,000 then I do the 10,000 wherever I want then they do the 15,000 etc. Seems weird but hey I'll take it.

· Registered
41 Posts
I thought the 3 yr complimentary service was a hyundai corp. thing. I'm getting it with my vehicle. Granted we're talking 3 changes but "Free" is better than $90. Actually I'd rather change my own.
I'm thinking that may only be in the USA? My dealer advised me that it was not offered here. Or maybe in Canada, it's a dealer's choice...

· Registered
536 Posts
At the end of the day it's $130.00 for an oil change. Not life changing and life is to short to sweat the small stuff.
Tru dat. But If I had to pay it because I live 200 miles north of the border in the great white north. I'd be miffed to know the same vehicle in the US got the same service for free. That's all I'm sayin'

· Registered
2023 SEL Premium
122 Posts
I think it’s simply a joke with the limitations and BS that comes along with it. Change it yourself and save the grief all together. Free? not really as you already paid for it one way or the other.
I will see what their oil change service is like here. If I can make an appointment, bring it in and wait 30 minutes, fine. Otherwise I'll be doing it myself. Not sure how hard it is to do on the 2.5T yet.

Same as my Jeep Wrangler that came with free oil changes and rotations too. Dealer is too far away and they always seem to overfill the Wrangler so I just do it myself. Changing the oil on the Wrangler is super simple so I just take care of it myself and keep the receipts.

· Registered
536 Posts
My point was not all things ARE equal north or south of the border, but thanks for being Uber literal like my 8yo child!
You have a smart kid then, Most are dumb as a box of rocks.
Next time make your point rather than making an apple to orange comparison.
MY point is the corporate policy for the US and Canada sucks. Canadians are nice folk, They work for their cash. They paid more for their Cruz's.
Give 'em three oil changes on the house.

· Registered
180 Posts
I will see what their oil change service is like here. If I can make an appointment, bring it in and wait 30 minutes, fine. Otherwise I'll be doing it myself. Not sure how hard it is to do on the 2.5T yet.

Same as my Jeep Wrangler that came with free oil changes and rotations too. Dealer is too far away and they always seem to overfill the Wrangler so I just do it myself. Changing the oil on the Wrangler is super simple so I just take care of it myself and keep the receipts.
Not hard at all. I easily did it with out raising the vehicle. The oil filter was the hardest part since the housing is reused as your filter is just an insert. More messy than usual but not horribly bad. You’ll be fine with out doubt!

· Registered
2 Posts
I contacted the local dealer a couple weeks ago because my service engine notice came on at 6000 miles, the dealer put my VIN in and told me my 2.5Turbo wasn't due until 8000 miles. I questioned it, they told me the predelivery person must have set it up wrong.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts