Hyundai Santa Cruz Forum banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
My wife likes organizers and came up with this. Nice thing is it can easily be squished down played out of the way when bed space is required. If others have ideas for storage ideas then feel free to post those here.

HAOKAY Durable Car Trunk Organizer with Premium insulation cooler bag,Sturdy Collapsible Trunk Storage Organizer, Multi Compartments with Reflective Strip https://www.amazon.com/dp/B087BM298...abc_PP22HCKZMSX8SMC5XYQ0?_encoding=UTF8&psc=1

Attachments

·
Registered
Hampton Limited
41 Posts
Nice! Will it fit in the trunk?
I’m also looking for an insulated organizer that will fit and normally be in the “brunk”, moving to the bed or back seat floor when using brunk as an ice chest. Insulated to keep content and groceries “cooler” when in the brunk. Issue is height of only six inches. 36x17x6

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
There is another organizer similar to this one that has an added insulated section to keep things hot/cold longer. This is just one option for people to see. Also the organizer has two more straps that are not shown in the picture that we attach from the bottom of the organizer to the bed tie down rings in the back of the bed to keep the organizer from moving around.

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Ah, so it doesn't fit in the trunk when fully deployed and in use.
No it does not. With the short height available you really couldn't stand much of anything vertically in there. Most everything has to be laid down horizontally. So perhaps the best for that space would be to get a sheet of foam and cut out traces of specific things you want to place in there, like a tool box drawer. Then it will be a perfect fit.

·
Registered
Black Limited
306 Posts
Here's my solution... Adjustable cargo bar from Harbor Freight along with a couple of totes. It's pretty handy and works well without any rattles or noise. Great for going to Costco or Sams Club. Keeps everything from rolling around. Can always put the totes in the back seat if I need more room.

Hood Motor vehicle Tire Automotive tire Window
Hood Automotive lighting Automotive design Motor vehicle Trunk

·
Registered
2022 SEL AWD * Non-Activity - SoCal
1,689 Posts
Here's my solution... Adjustable cargo bar from Harbor Freight along with a couple of totes. It's pretty handy and works well without any rattles or noise. Great for going to Costco or Sams Club. Keeps everything from rolling around. Can always put the totes in the back seat if I need more room.
NICE Haul-Master bar! And only $23 at Harbor Tool Freight. Going to go grab one today. (y)
Ratcheting Cargo Bar

·
Registered
1,689 Posts
I'd like to get one of these Cargo Bars, but I'd like to store it in the brunk. Most of them (like the one above) are 40" minimum length, which will not fit in the brunk even on the diagonal.

Does anyone know of a Cargo Bar that short enough to store in the brunk and expands enough to work in the SC bed?

ADDED: Because my local HTF actually had one in stock, I rushed over there and grabbed it. It appears it can be easily shortened by using the two holes already in it at each end to relocate the end rivets after cutting some off each end. I will post up the mod with pictures once done. It will great to have this sitting in the brunk anytime it is needed. Thanks for posting this up.

·
Registered
1,689 Posts
I completed this little project today. The HTF Haul-Master Cargo Bar is a little too long to fit into the brunk. The ends are attached with simple aluminum rivets.
Composite material Metal Nickel Auto part Cylinder
Handwriting Font Wood Paper Paper product

I filed off the rivets smashed end to remove them, then initially cut 1.5" off each end. As it turned out that wasn't enough, so I cut another 0.5" off of each. Still a little long, so cut another 0.5" off of just the chrome end.
Auto part Gas Font Metal Fashion accessory

So in the end I cut about 2.5" off the chrome end and about 2" off the powder coated end.
Tool Wood Yellow Office ruler Material property

That left the total collapsed length at about 36" which is a perfect size to set inside the brunk.
Automotive design Motor vehicle Automotive exterior Trunk Gas

Although I had some aluminum rivets the right diameter, I ended up using common cotter keys trimmed to length to attach the end feet back on.
Bicycle part Cylinder Auto part Nickel Metal

Fun afternoon project. It will be wonderful to have this locked securely in the brunk for use anytime I need it.

I finally got some junk in my brunk! ;)

·
Registered
35 Posts
I completed this little project today. The HTF Haul-Master Cargo Bar is a little too long to fit into the brunk. The ends are attached with simple aluminum rivets.
View attachment 2978 View attachment 2979
I filed off the rivets smashed end to remove them, then initially cut 1.5" off each end. As it turned out that wasn't enough, so I cut another 0.5" off of each. Still a little long, so cut another 0.5" off of just the chrome end.
View attachment 2980
So in the end I cut about 2.5" off the chrome end and about 2" off the powder coated end.
View attachment 2981
That left the total collapsed length at about 36" which is a perfect size to set inside the brunk.
View attachment 2982
Although I had some aluminum rivets the right diameter, I ended up using common cotter keys trimmed to length to attach the end feet back on.
View attachment 2983
Fun afternoon project. It will be wonderful to have this locked securely in the brunk for use anytime I need it.

I finally got some junk in my brunk! ;)

·
Registered
35 Posts
I did it and it works great. Be careful as ratchet could overstress things. I cut 4” off both bars, drilled out rivets,redrilled and put new rivets in. Cut with grinder and cut off wheel. Took maybe 30 min. Harbor Freight also had some nice but cheap bungies and ratchet and clamp straps. Thanks so much for info

1 - 16 of 16 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.