Hyundai Santa Cruz Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
Black Limited
162 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Just got back from Discount Tires and was disappointed. Ordered some Ameriacn Racing Torq Thrust M Anthracite (silver but wanted Black no ETA) in 17" 5x114.3 and 45mm offset and they hit the caliper... Bummer! The salesman said they have the same in a 30mm offset but have to order them, so I told him to wait. I sent an email to American Racing to see when their black ones would be in stock as they had no idea on those. Even had one of the Michelin CrossClimatet2 tires (245x65R17) that I ordered mounted and I liked the looks. Gotta be great in the snow. BIG difference those 17" make in size compared to the 20's. The 17" diameter was fine and cleared just the offset wasn’t enough.

Tire Wheel Automotive tire Vehicle Hubcap
Tire Wheel Automotive tire Bicycle tire Synthetic rubber

·
Registered
2022 Limited Blue Stone
651 Posts
factory offset is +49.5mm, my 18" +48mm cleared the caliper ok, so maybe it's the specific wheels spoke design that has the issue?

·
Registered
Black Limited
162 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
factory offset is +49.5mm, my 18" +48mm cleared the caliper ok, so maybe it's the specific wheels spoke design that has the issue?
I'm sure it is. I'd need a really small spacer to clear the caliper but don't really want to run spacers. Suppose I could just JB weld them to the wheel itself as I install them, then I wouldn't have to think about them... ever!

·
Registered
2022 Sage Grey SC Ultimate
1,074 Posts
I ordered these today - Arai - Gloss Black (18", part #082224) from my local Fountain Tire. They're a 45 offset, so hopefully there are no issues, but if there are, at least we'll find out before I drop $$ on them. They said we can make sure they clear. Pairing them with the Goodyear WinterCommand Ultra winter tires in the stock 245/60R18 size. Fingers crossed that I like the combo! Should have them in a couple of weeks.

·
Registered
Santa Cruz - Searching...
94 Posts
Pairing them with the Goodyear WinterCommand Ultra winter tires in the stock 245/60R18 size.
Out of curiosity, in a year, do you spend the majority of time on Winter tires? I would want those to be setup such that they spent the majority of time mounted and in use!

·
Registered
2022 Sage Grey SC Ultimate
1,074 Posts
A little over 50% I'd say. I normally switch over in mid-October, unless the long-term forecasts suggest going earlier. IE: last year our first snows were just ahead of Thanksgiving (Columbus Day for you lot down south!) and pretty much stuck around after that. Some years we don't see much until around/after Halloween. Some years we've almost made December without snow to speak of. I liked those years. Taking them off ... again, depends. But normally I will NEVER take them off before Easter. We always get one last blizzard on Easter weekend, or within a week of it. So, normally mid-October to late April, unless we have a warm/early spring.

I'm curious to see how these fit/look when they arrive! If I really like 'em, I just might go and order another set of 18s when I wear the tread off the factory 20s. 18 inch rubber not only looks better (to me) but they're significantly less expensive to replace a set too!

·
Registered
Black Limited
162 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
7.5" as I wanted to stay with stock width... but I'd bet 8" should work fine too.
Yea!!! Discount Tire called and found me a set of 17x8" 5x114.3mm 30mm offset in BLACK! Just what I wanted! They should be here this week. They still have the Michelin CrossClimate2 tires in stock so we'll soon see how this all works out.
Tire Wheel Automotive tire Vehicle Hubcap

·
Registered
2022 SEL AWD No Activity Package
941 Posts
Yea!!! Discount Tire called and found me a set of 17x8" 5x114.3mm 30mm offset in BLACK! Just what I wanted! They should be here this week. They still have the Michelin CrossClimate2 tires in stock so we'll soon see how this all works out.
Looking forward to seeing what those classic 5-spokes look like on the Cruz.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts