Hyundai Santa Cruz Forum banner
21 - 28 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
My dealer advertises "Engines for Life." I can't wait to read the fine print and see what hoops I must jump through for them to actually honor it. They also offer free oil changes for 3 years. My guess is to get the free engines for life I'll need to get oil changes more often than they provide and use oil they also won't provide.

Sky Water Font Violet Electric blue

·
Premium Member
2022 Sage Limited
575 Posts
Hyundai does not include synthetic oil as part of their standard 3yr maintenance according to the maintenance brochure the dealer is to use conventional oil. I have the Maintenance Wrap (middle tier) so I'm not sure if the dealer will ask for a fee to upgrade to full synth or it they will charge it to the maintenance plan since synthetic is marked as optional. My first maintenance probably won't be due till late Summer.

I plan to ask about paying to upgrade to synthetic if I ever end up going to the dealer for a “free” service.

·
Registered
24 Posts
My dealer advertises "Engines for Life." I can't wait to read the fine print and see what hoops I must jump through for them to actually honor it. They also offer free oil changes for 3 years. My guess is to get the free engines for life I'll need to get oil changes more often than they provide and use oil they also won't provide.

View attachment 9784
They kept giving me the run around when trying to purchase my SC, went to Bob Howard and had a great experience.

·
Registered
Santa Cruz Limited
258 Posts
I had my first service today @ 6587. Dealer did not try to sell me anything, just took the SC in and gave it back with 5qts of synth blend. I don't plan to keep the SC beyond 5 years so not worried about it being synth blend.

·
Banned
203 Posts
I had my first service today @ 6587. Dealer did not try to sell me anything, just took the SC in and gave it back with 5qts of synth blend. I don't plan to keep the SC beyond 5 years so not worried about it being synth blend.
Recommended change interval is 3500 on synth blend. So if you want warranty coverage on your engine,be advised.

·
Registered
Santa Cruz Limited
258 Posts
Recommended change interval is 3500 on synth blend. So if you want warranty coverage on your engine,be advised.
This is an interesting scenario. According to the manual it should be 6.13qts, but it seems they only put 5 like others have reported. Additionally if they use blended it now requires changing at 5K (severe schedule) according to the manual.

I guess if I change it every 6.5K I should be OK. It is being maintained at an Authorized Dealer. I'll check the dipstick and see if its low. I can always add a qt myself.

Can you mix full synthetic with blended? Ie. can I add 1 qt of Mobil 1 to the dealer blended, I'm assuming Hyundai brand.

·
Banned
203 Posts
This is an interesting scenario. According to the manual it should be 6.13qts, but it seems they only put 5 like others have reported. Additionally if they use blended it now requires changing at 5K (severe schedule) according to the manual.

I guess if I change it every 6.5K I should be OK. It is being maintained at an Authorized Dealer. I'll check the dipstick and see if its low. I can always add a qt myself.

Can you mix full synthetic with blended? Ie. can I add 1 qt of Mobil 1 to the dealer blended, I'm assuming Hyundai brand.
Yes you can.

21 - 28 of 28 Posts