Hyundai Santa Cruz Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
2022 Santa Cruz SEL Premium 2.5T AWD
76 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have watched quite a few reviews of the Santa Cruz. While researching my purchase as well as now that I have it. This video shows the Santa Cruz in Santa Cruz. The funniest part to me was when he refers to it as a Mullet. I'm laughing to myself as I type this because on the day I got it 8/13 I sent a picture of it to my sister who bought a new Sonata about 6 months ago. (Also white) He is driving a Limited. (Please insert Canadian translation here) and the press model has all the bells and whistles. The drop from the limited to the Premium with activity package is minimal to me. Comforts to the back seat passengers. Vents and USB's and I have the cloth grey seats. They are heated but not vented. I don't know that I would use them anyways. He also points out a very interesting point. This vehicle is really a blank canvas as to anything you really want to use it for. For me it's a cruiser. It's fast. it's fun. It gives me huge Hot-Wheels cred with my grandsons. And it is very comfortable and nimble even for a large guy like me. 6'3" 300lbs.

Hope you enjoy it!
When he said it was like a Mullet I laughed and had to post it.
Happy Cruising to all

·
Registered
208 Posts
Awesome review! He makes so many great points in the video. When I made the final decision to buy the SC, the way I explained it to my wife was that I was essentially buying multiple cars. It has the step in height and ride of a modern SUV, the performance and handling of a sedan, and the utility of small pickup truck. I'm approaching this from the glass half full and while the mullet comment is truly entertaining, I say that this is a swiss army knife that is useful and functional and can do more things than any one single vehicle can. And to essentially get 3 cars in one for under $40k (SEL Premium), that's a steal in my book.

·
Registered
2022 Santa Cruz SEL Premium 2.5T AWD
76 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
For sure it's a multi-tool with wheels. Incredible fun factor and a wonderful way to cruise through life. I enjoy it more and more everyday.

·
Registered
2022 Sage Grey SC Ultimate
1,131 Posts
Crossover in the front ... TAILGATE PARTY in the back.

I can't believe nobody else made the tailgate party comment when referencing mullets yet. LOL Also, a 'tailgate party' is where all the talk about icing down your bevvies is valid. Not as a long-term cooler replacement.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts