Hyundai Santa Cruz Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
65 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I need to access the left and right speaker wiring going to the speakers in the left and right doors, so that I can install a Kicker subwoofer behind the driver side rear seat. I assume that the wiring bundle is under the door sill on each side of the car. Does the door sill just pop off with a putty blade under the sill? I don't want to so any damage to the sill. I spoke with Crutchfield tech support and they could not provide any details.

Clint
AZ

·
Registered
11 Posts
I would get the speaker wires at the front kick panels or at the b-pillar posts, that way u wouldn’t have to cut into the wrapped wire harness. I got all 4 door speaker signal at the kick panels where they are not wrapped up.

·
Registered
11 Posts
And yes the panels pop off, use care though, don’t go just ripping and pulling, start at one end and work your way down the panel, should come right off, a pry tool will help

·
Registered
65 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
And yes the panels pop off, use care though, don’t go just ripping and pulling, start at one end and work your way down the panel, should come right off, a pry tool will help
Thanks for the info. I will take a look. I will still need to pop off the door sills in order to run the power cable and amp input leads to the front of the car. Do the door sills also pop off?

Clint
AZ

·
Registered
65 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thanks for the info. I will take a look. I will still need to pop off the door sills in order to run the power cable and amp input leads to the front of the car. Do the door sills also pop off?

Clint
AZ
It looks like I will have to remove the door sill before I can remove the kick panel. I tried to remove the rear door sill on the driver's side. I was able to pop out two fasteners, which freed up the seal on the inside of the car. The sill was still secured on the edge next to the door molding.

Clint
AZ

1 - 5 of 5 Posts