Hyundai Santa Cruz Forum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
2022 Santa Cruz SE NA-FWD
917 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I pulled into a parking stall where my front was at the end pointed into the lane, across from me was a parked Jeep. and my crash detection light came on and a yellow/green triangle on the left side of it.
My wife went into the store and I keep SC on but not started so I could listen to the radio..
Started it up and the light and triangle were still on and stayed on for about 100 feet before I stopped and turned the SC off after putting it into park...Restarted and it was gone?
Never saw that before or since.. I imagine if I would've given it the time it might have gone off by its self being we were going on a road trip and I didn't want to look at it for 50 miles...
I'm not even sure it's a problem, I doubt it just thought I'd mention it
Maybe I pulled into the spot too fast and the SC saw the non-moving parked Jeep?

·
Registered
1,000 Posts
Maybe it will show up on your 'driving score.'

• Haha
Reactions: CASD

·
Registered
917 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Are you saying this came on without you tapping the parked Jeep in front of you?
Yes....I just pulled all the way forward in a double parking stall
Yea it was light that looked like an accident

·
Registered
917 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Ok, I watched a video on it...It's normal... the FCA system detected the parked Jeep as I was pulling in, I must have been going too fast for the system and it tried to avoid a collision. I didn't notice any braking but that could be in my settings,,

·
Registered
2022 SEL AWD * Non-Activity - SoCal
1,689 Posts
I had to drive my elderly mother to the doctor today. The beeping started with her not putting on her seatbelt. Does that one ever time out?

Next were the repeated beeps when I made lane changes without any traffic around not using my blinker. Then the road construction cones and lanes redirected over the lines in the normal lanes. Beep-beep-beep...

On the drive home I drifted a little to close to the white lines on either side through some curves in the road, again with no traffic around. Beep-beep-beep...

During the whole drive there and back my mother was saying what is that beeping. Her memory is about 5 seconds long now, so every beep was a new experience. :rolleyes:

·
Registered
31 Posts
On the drive home I drifted a little to close to the white lines on either side through some curves in the road, again with no traffic around. Beep-beep-beep...
Hold down the LKA/LFA button on the steering wheel and it will git rid of the alerts when you drive near the lines(Lane Keep Assist). Tap the LKA/LFA button and it will steer itself on the highway(Lane Follow Assist). You can see the steering wheel icon on the dash after you tap the button. When it is white you are in full control, when it is green the car is keeping itself in the lane. Turn on a blinker and it will hand the control off to you until you settle into a new lane. I keep the LKA off because I don't like the random beeps, but I use the LFA a lot when driving on the highway with cruise control.
Product Rectangle Font Parallel Engineering

·
Registered
1,000 Posts
Hold down the LKA/LFA button on the steering wheel and it will git rid of the alerts when you drive near the lines(Lane Keep Assist). Tap the LKA/LFA button and it will steer itself on the highway(Lane Follow Assist). You can see the steering wheel icon on the dash after you tap the button. When it is white you are in full control, when it is green the car is keeping itself in the lane. Turn on a blinker and it will hand the control off to you until you settle into a new lane. I keep the LKA off because I don't like the random beeps, but I use the LFA a lot when driving on the highway with cruise control.
For the first time, I think I finally understand the difference in these "Lane Assist" features...

Is this correct: "Lane Keep Assist" is only a warning signal, "Lane Follow Assist" does the steering?

·
Registered
2022 Ultimate, Sage Grey, Dark Green two-tone leather
231 Posts
For the first time, I think I finally understand the difference in these "Lane Assist" features...

Is this correct: "Lane Keep Assist" is only a warning signal, "Lane Follow Assist" does the steering?
I think LKA keeps you between the lines on road and LFA keeps you in the middle of the lane. Found this on Hyundai web site
Q. What is the difference between LKA and LFA?

LKA intervenes with the steering precisely at the moment when lane drifting is about to occur; on the other hand, LFA constantly attempts to keep the vehicle at the center of the lane. Indeed, LFA becomes active when the vehicle is a mere 30 centimeters off the center, so it is nearly constantly active; now compare that to LKA, which is only active when the drifting is happening. That’s why LFA is allowed a much wider range control than is LKA.

·
Registered
1,887 Posts
Two different features, same button - very confusing o_O to make sense of it all I started digging and reading thru the manual... I get this impression:

LKA is a safety feature
LFA is a driver convenience

LKA is designed to nudge you back into your lane if you drifted too far when not paying attention. This occurs automatically and will beep at you, but can be turned off if you find it annoying.

LFA is designed to actively keep the car centered in a lane to reduce driver fatigue on the highway, so think cruise control but for your steering. This feature is not automatic, like cruise it has to be turned on by you pressing the button and is only available in situations where the system can see the lane markers.

This graphic from the link that @billcf7 posted is a great visual comparing the two...
Automotive parking light Land vehicle Car Vehicle Tire

Click HERE for video on the differences.

Click HERE for video where LFA bascially steers the car all on its own, its like auto pilot! And another example is HERE. Both videos show the Tuscon so same as the SC.

My personal take - I want to control the car so I would turn off LKA but am looking forward to using LFA on long, boring highway drives. I've always wanted a car that had some kind of auto-steer so I could eat a sandwich with both hands :D and not have to do the whole steer with your knee thing ;)

1 - 14 of 14 Posts