Hyundai Santa Cruz Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
295 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My SEL does not have a wireless phone charger, but I would like to add an aftermarket wireless charger. The Hyundai Shop has one for a price about 30% higher than a very similar unit I could buy elsewhere. Does the charger in the Hyundai Shop have some feature that makes it different or more appropriate to the task? I do have a tray for the top of my dresser that has a wireless charger built into it, so I am familiar with using one.

·
Registered
295 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I've used this charger in my cars for a few years, in conjunction with a phone mount that holds the phone in place with side clamps. Works well enough as long as the phone stays flat on the pad.
Thank you. That is an interesting charger at a good price. My current phone is an iPhone X. It does not have the magnetic docking rings on the back the newer iterations have. I would probably lay the phone flat rather than use a stand.

·
Registered
2022 SEL-Premuim 2.5Turbo AWD
183 Posts
I use this one from Amazon in my Cherokee….

Wireless Car Charger Pad Qi Charging Mat Fast 15W 10W 7.5W Quick Charge Adapter Table Stand Holder for iPhone 12 Pro Max 11 8 Plus X XR Xs Compatible Samsung Galaxy S10 S9 Note 9 7 LG G8 Android Phone

·
Registered
183 Posts
Here should be the link..

·
Registered
295 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Here should be the link..

Thank you. My family is asking for a Christmas wish list from me, and I have liked using the wireless charger built into my wife’s Palisade.

·
Registered
295 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
A reviewer of a wireless charger complained that CarPlay did not work with that charger. Does CarPlay work when chargers you have used are in use?

·
Registered
183 Posts
It works with my IPhone 12 no problem. Used this charger in my Dodge Journey with wireless car play and a Kenwood stereo-not a single issue. In my Jeep I use it wired. Charges great. The phone stays nice and secure, no sliding around. You do need a 12 volt cigarette lighter plug with this, I ordered a high power one to use. Will look for that link for you. The phone stays nice and secure, no sliding around.

The link:

·
Registered
295 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
It works with my IPhone 12 no problem. Used this charger in my Dodge Journey with wireless car play and a Kenwood stereo-not a single issue. In my Jeep I use it wired. Charges great. The phone stays nice and secure, no sliding around. You do need a 12 volt cigarette lighter plug with this, I ordered a high power one to use. Will look for that link for you. The phone stays nice and secure, no sliding around.

The link:

Thank you.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.