Hyundai Santa Cruz Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
66 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Apologizes if I am not approaching this the correct way. I have read several threads regarding aftermarket wheel size ( bore, offset, etc. ) My question is what would be the proper offset if we wanted to have our wheels to run past the wheel well a little, such as in using 20mm spacers. Do I try and find wheels with the stock off set and just add spacers, or do I use the stock offset +/- 20mm to achieve that look? If we can not find the correct bore size and the wheels is hub-centric, does it matter? Thank you in advance for any guidance.

·
Registered
2022 SEL AWD * Non-Activity - SoCal
1,689 Posts
Wanted to post this for you as well. It's a crude measurement change chart from the stock 18" wheel as a baseline for 7.5", 8.0" and 8.5" in various offsets.
Rectangle Font Pattern Parallel Net

Wheel width measurements are actually done on the inside of the tire mounting lip, not the outside of the wheel if you didn't know that. What really matters for this purpose is the "change" from stock. This chart helped me visualize the change to both the inside and outside measurements based on where the stock 18" rim sits.

Personally I wanted to go with an 8" wide rim. A +42 offset would approximately match the inside OEM rim location, putting all the additional 1/2" width to the outside.

With that said, I have ordered 18x8 +35 offset rims which pushes the inside lip outward about 1/4" (partly to insure clearance of the agressive sidewall tread of my tire selection - Atturo Trail Blade ATS in the stock 245/60R18 size) and the outside lip outward about 3/4". I'm also waiting for Hyundai to let us know what the factory flare kit will look like, but even if they drag their feet on that announced accessary I think it will look very nice and not stick out to far.

Hopefully by the end of next week I will have everything mounted up and installed to post a photo.

OEM bore size is 67.1mm. That or larger will work with center bore reducers which are cheap. My new rims are 73.1mm, so i will be running a 73.1 to 67.1 aluminum reducer.

·
Registered
66 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Wanted to post this for you as well. It's a crude measurement change chart from the stock 18" wheel as a baseline for 7.5", 8.0" and 8.5" in various offsets.
View attachment 4657
Wheel width measurements are actually done on the inside of the tire mounting lip, not the outside of the wheel if you didn't know that. What really matters for this purpose is the "change" from stock. This chart helped me visualize the change to both the inside and outside measurements based on where the stock 18" rim sits.

Personally I wanted to go with an 8" wide rim. A +42 offset would approximately match the inside OEM rim location, putting all the additional 1/2" width to the outside.

With that said, I have ordered 18x8 +35 offset rims which pushes the inside lip outward about 1/4" (partly to insure clearance of the agressive sidewall tread of my tire selection - Atturo Trail Blade ATS in the stock 245/60R18 size) and the outside lip outward about 3/4". I'm also waiting for Hyundai to let us know what the factory flare kit will look like, but even if they drag their feet on that announced accessary I think it will look very nice and not stick out to far.

Hopefully by the end of next week I will have everything mounted up and installed to post a photo.

OEM bore size is 67.1mm. That or larger will work with center bore reducers which are cheap. My new rims are 73.1mm, so i will be running a 73.1 to 67.1 aluminum reducer.
View attachment 4657

Thank you HSC4ME! This is what I was looking for. I wanted to consider wheel width, backspacing and offset to be as close to stock as possible, with the wheels sticking our just a bit ( 1/2 in) from the fender. I am sure the after market components are coming and I will be curious as to what fenders they will come up with. This was very helpful. Thank you.

·
Registered
2022 SEL AWD * Non-Activity - SoCal
1,689 Posts
Thank you HSC4ME! This is what I was looking for. I wanted to consider wheel width, backspacing and offset to be as close to stock as possible, with the wheels sticking our just a bit ( 1/2 in) from the fender. I am sure the after market components are coming and I will be curious as to what fenders they will come up with. This was very helpful. Thank you.
Just removed my stock wheels and test fitted my new rims before having tires mounted up. While I had the stock wheel off I noticed it is stamped OFFSET 51 7.5jx18 even though all the Hyundai documents say they have OFFSET 49.5 (?). 1.5mm is not anything to be concerned about, but the proof is right there on the wheel.
Tire Automotive tire Wheel Motor vehicle Automotive lighting

With that said, you can can go +45 offset to have the inside lip of an 8" rim in the same location as the stock rim.

I also weighed the stock 18" wheel and tire with about 3,000 on it.
Plumbing fixture Toilet Gas Plumbing Tile flooring

Weighed in at 60.6lbs.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts