Hyundai Santa Cruz Forum banner
1 - 20 of 47 Posts

·
Registered
GET YOUR ADVENTURE ON!
392 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
What after market accessories are you hoping to put on your Santa Cruz?

Lots of people that will be buying this vehicle will be adding things to their SAV like a bed rack, roof top tent, bike & kayak racks, etc... List what you hope gets made and actual addons as they hit the market.

I'm hoping Ursa Minor will take an interest in the Santa Cruz. I believe he got his start making pop top campers for the Honda Element. Now he makes them for some Ford and Jeep models too.

Something like this Jeep camper that is super light weight, sits on the bed sides not in the bed and a sleeping platform that can be slide forward for the back half would be great. Matching the HSC body line design would be key to the aesthetics.

Here's his site: Ursa Minor Vehicles

Id like to see a front wheel bike rack mount up on the rear cab rails that lets you lock the un-removed front wheel in with the rear wheel sitting in the closed bed.

Reactions: BeelineS82

·
Registered
35 Posts
I’d like to see one of those bed extender bars so you can use it with the gate down, but still have what you’re hauling “encased”.

·
Registered
45 Posts
I’d like to see one of those bed extender bars so you can use it with the gate down, but still have what you’re hauling “encased”.
This is a priority desired aftermarket or OEM accessory for me too.

I'm assuming Hyundai will offer a tow hitch as an add on, but if not I'll look to the aftermarket for one.

·
Registered
372 Posts
I'm assuming Hyundai will offer a tow hitch as an add on, but if not I'll look to the aftermarket for one.
Same here. The SC will be my tow vehicle so a tow hitch is a day 1 requirement for me.

Next up I’d like a brush guard / light bar setup of some kind.

I wonder how much of a chicken and egg situation we will have here since this is an all new market for Hyundai. Will the aftermarket wait to see how well this vehicle sells before committing parts? It’s clear the Bronco already has a fan base but the SC is uncharted water.

·
Registered
205 Posts
Probably just some weathertech custom floormats and possibly aftermarket leather seat skins if you can't get the leather seats as an option on the trim that otherwise has everything I want (Tucson problem).

·
Registered
GET YOUR ADVENTURE ON!
392 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
16" wheels in Bronze, Bed Extender, Roof Rack with a basket and auxillary lights.
16" will have to be checked for rotor and caliper clearance. Hoping 17" will fit, but won't likely be changing wheels and tires until the initial set is ran for years.

·
Registered
205 Posts
16" will have to be checked for rotor and caliper clearance. Hoping 17" will fit, but won't likely be changing wheels and tires until the initial set is ran for years.
Big question will be if Tucson wheels are interchangeable with the SC. If so, finding someone local to do a swap + cash might be an easy exchange for those wanting just a bit more sidewall.

The 17" wheels on the Tucson Hybrid Blue trim aren't bad IMO and wear 235/65s.

·
Registered
70 Posts
I learned yesterday that there are lots of available accessories/options for the SC. As we mentioned in a different thread about some of the pics, from what I remember the dealer clicking through on the system, available accessories/options included the running board steps, door accent panel (in that baby blue pic), fender flares (I think), tonneau cover, dimmable rearview mirror, tow hitch, something about cross rail something or other, umm that's all I can remember... If you ask maybe it'll trigger my neurons.

·
Registered
GET YOUR ADVENTURE ON!
392 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Go base SE model and the porthole disappears! (y)

Reactions: LittleBokey
1 - 20 of 47 Posts