Hyundai Santa Cruz Forum banner
1 - 20 of 20 Posts

Registered
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Got these from Amazon warehouse for $80 or so. They fit securely on the rail - look okay, but they might get spray painted black. I only plan on using them a few times a year so they'll stay in the garage most of the time (which is why I'm not going to pay hundreds!). They have locking covers but that's another thing I'm not concerned about. Took a while to put together because the directions were junk but once I got them on and aligned, they are very tight on the rail. There is about 5 - 6" overhang on either side so it's only a matter of time until I bang my head (and not to Hair Nation!)! I figured it was an $80 experiment that I could send back it if didn't work. Very happy with them.

Hood Automotive tire Automotive lighting Car Window
Grille Hood Automotive tire Automotive lighting Vehicle

Font Screenshot Material property Parallel Number

Registered
any update on the aftermarket rails? Specifically I'm wondering about wind noise. I am purchasing the factory bars at a huge price (in my opinion) to avoid wind noise. I purchased aftermarket for my last vehicle and got alot of wind noise once I went over 60 mph.

How are your bars doing? Thank you for any info.

MJ

Registered
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
any update on the aftermarket rails? Specifically I'm wondering about wind noise. I am purchasing the factory bars at a huge price (in my opinion) to avoid wind noise. I purchased aftermarket for my last vehicle and got alot of wind noise once I went over 60 mph.

How are your bars doing? Thank you for any info.

MJ
Mine are noisy especially when I opened the sun roof. With it closed I couldn't hear it. Pretty sure it's just the nature of the beast with these

Registered
Just finished the install. I am going to try to show 3 photos. One with just the front bar. It is a whistler in that position. with sunroof closed, not terrible even at 80+, but the radio helped there. The other photos are with two bars. I mounted the second pretty far back. The last photo is where I used the 'cord wrap whistling fix' I found on you tube. Whistling is gone. I will change out with hopefully smaller and black line later. BTW, the rope fixed work. I made about 10 angled wraps. Also used a couple of hair elastics on each end to tie in to. Lastly there were some small gaps on the end not fully covered by the bottom gasket and I wrapped electrical tape over those gaps. No more whistling with sunroof open or closed at 80+. I may adjust the bars slightly later, which could mean trimming some gasket to make them work. They seem solid. They are a little tedious to install. I take my time and took 3 to 4 hours. Last comment. There are some T shaped blocks that are part of the end assembly. If you get these look on the underside of the T that will fit in the track. Mine need some filing to get it into the track. If it doesn't look smooth you may want to do the same before trying to force in to the track.

Cloud Car Tire Land vehicle Vehicle
Tire Wheel Car Vehicle Hood
Wheel Tire Car Vehicle Plant

Registered
2022 Sage Grey SC Ultimate
If you find a good deal somewhere on the Thule Evo Flush cross bars ... they are the FACTORY Hyundai accessory. At least in Canada. Fit great, no whistling, locks and everything. :) Nice to see some aftermarket options popping up and working too.

Oh - and the Thule set are factory for both the Santa Cruz AND '22 Tucson - so anything made for the new Tucsons should fit our Santa Cruz as well. Might make searching options easier. The only difference noted in the install instructions between the two models was the distance between the front and rear bars. I think it was 700mm for the Tucson, 660mm for the SC.

Registered
The Hyundai bars are a previous generation of Thule crossbars, still very strong and robust. I have seen the junk sold on Amazon. When they show you the close up of the fitment to the side rail, there are huge gaps. It may be strong when the vehicle is stopped but slam on the brakes with a load on top and see how these bars perform. I can bet they are not doing the same type of testing, just copying another design.
https://www.amazon.com/dp/B09334PNH...abc_TC6AEPH777VCBCHDBBD5?_encoding=UTF8&psc=1

1 - 20 of 20 Posts