• 54-65

• 66+

1 - 20 of 40 Posts

·
Registered
122 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey SC community,

Not trying to give Hyundai free data, but am curious about the demographics of this community versus who this vehicle appears to be targeted to. Ideally only those who have or are considering purchasing an SC would respond.

Cheers!

·
Registered
24 Posts
55... had gm pickups for 20 years but going to the little guy... hoping that the tonneau cover doesn't freeze up here in edmonton. I had a roll n lock on one of my trucks but switched it to the bakflip as the roller kept freezing up. Think it will be better now though as I can garage the little SC.

·
Registered
122 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
55... had gm pickups for 20 years but going to the little guy... hoping that the tonneau cover doesn't freeze up here in edmonton. I had a roll n lock on one of my trucks but switched it to the bakflip as the roller kept freezing up. Think it will be better now though as I can garage the little SC.
Username checks out

·
Registered
793 Posts
Hit the big 50 this year.

Quote from my father that seems appropriate:
By the time a man realizes his father was right he usually has a son who thinks he is wrong.

Other words of wisdom:
Don‘t argue with stupid people because you have to drop down to their level where they will beat you with experience.

·
Registered
2022 Santa Cruz Ultimate (Limited in the US)
772 Posts
hoping that the tonneau cover doesn't freeze up here in edmonton.
Yeah, I'll be curious how it is in the winters here in NW Ontario (north of Minnesota). No garage, and some big red pines over the driveway that LOOOOOOOOOOOOOOVE to drop their freaking needles on everything in a 50 yard radius.

·
Registered
772 Posts
Hyundai needs to see those numbers ... 86% over 30 really doesn't sound like the market they're targeting, does it? :D

·
Registered
91 Posts
Hyundai does NOT need to see those numbers! ;) I hope they keep marketing to the 20 somethings that can't simply write a check for it, or don't have sufficient income and credit to qualify for purchase. That will drive prices down, incentives up and usher in 0% financing when the metal doesn't move off the lot!

·
Registered
772 Posts
Yeah, but by the time they do that, we'll already be driving them and it will feel like we got a bit hosed. LOL

Honestly, I think once more of them are out on the roads, and actually become available, they'll start selling themselves. Although I secretly hope they don't become TOO popular. Feels less special when you're driving around in the exact same thing as literally everyone else out there. Easier to find your ride in a parking lot too. ;)

·
Registered
Currently drive a Toyota 4-Runner Limited.
33 Posts
I’m in the geezer group, probably one of the oldest at 73. Waiting for my Limited, will be closer to 74 by the time it comes in.

·
Registered
2022 Santa Cruz SEL AWD
26 Posts
Not knocking but isn't the under 30 crowd ambitious for any car manufacture. At that age most are getting jobs for the first time, in student debt, little or no credit or bad credit, having or making babies, first house/apartment out of parents control. This can rise as high as $40K on some models. Who can afford a Santa Cruz with discretionary spending money after all that??

1 - 20 of 40 Posts