Hyundai Santa Cruz Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
1,025 Posts
I put in my vote and was surprised to see how even it was. The general buzz on most YT comments favors the Mav strongly. I fully expect the Mav to outsell the SC by 3 fold. Maybe Alex's viewers haven't bought into the Mav hype... which is a good thing.

·
Registered
49 Posts
I put in my vote and was surprised to see how even it was. The general buzz on most YT comments favors the Mav strongly. I fully expect the Mav to outsell the SC by 3 fold. Maybe Alex's viewers haven't bought into the Mav hype... which is a good thing.
True
much closer than I would have expected…

·
Registered
2021 Honda Ridgeline
482 Posts
Maybe we should wait until we can actually buy a Maverick, to vote. Difficult to compare a vehicle you have never seen in person or driven. That hybrid Maverick will probably have some nice acceleration, but the SC will win the speed contest and get some extra style points.

·
Registered
2020 Kia Stinger GT2
204 Posts
People tend to take the safe route. Hyundai has never built a pickup before, while Ford has built a billion of them. Add to that the expected cheaper price of the Maverick and the Ford's more conservative, more truck-like styling, and I can see how it's in the lead.

·
Registered
2022 SEL AWD No Activity Package
941 Posts
I'm not sayin' nothin' to help pump up Santa Cruz sales until after I find one for me.
Tell everyone you are walking away or buying a Taco. Convince everyone that the SC is a lip-sticked pig and every needs to run fast and run far! :ROFLMAO:

Then swoop in and buy the decaying inventory... :p

·
Registered
150 Posts
I actually thought the SC would poll higher. I think the fact that they are available (as hard to find as they may be) goes a long way to having people excited at this moment.

·
Registered
712 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
I actually thought the SC would poll higher. I think the fact that they are available (as hard to find as they may be) goes a long way to having people excited at this moment.
Looks like the first people are already taking delivery of their Mavericks now.

·
Registered
150 Posts
Looks like the first people are already taking delivery of their Mavericks now.
My local Ford dealer told me they likely wouldn't have a unit to test drive until December. I guess Ford must be filling the really early pre orders first and will start sending vehicles to go on the lot later in the year. I guess because they want to take care of customers who pre ordered.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts