Hyundai Santa Cruz Forum banner
1 - 20 of 35 Posts

·
Registered
Currently drive a Toyota 4-Runner Limited.
35 Posts
Love it. Exactly what I ordered a Mojave Sand Limited can’t wait

·
Registered
2022 Sage Grey SC Ultimate
861 Posts
The door handles work with that color, but it really needs the dark chrome grill. The silver looks a bit out of place with it. To be fair, I think the only color I really like the silver grill on is Hampton Grey.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Thanks for posting these pics @soldthetaco . I had written this color off, but it may have just moved up into my top 3 for the Santa Cruz. Will be interested to see it on a Limited trim with the dark accents.

·
Registered
2022 Limited Blue Stone
595 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Is it me, or does the trim really seem to accent the Mojave Sand - and the door handles actually seem to belong rather than just looking like they cheaped out and didn't use painted ones.
I like the black contrasting look too with black door handles, but in person up close, they feel so cheap and the texture is coarse.
Well, they can do a nightfall edition in the future with SC with blacked out trims and PAINTED black door handles

·
Registered
617 Posts
I like the black contrasting look too with black door handles, but in person up close, they feel so cheap and the texture is coarse.
Well, they can do a nightfall edition in the future with SC with blacked out trims and PAINTED black door handles
Sad thing is that removing door handles tends to be quite labor intensive, and because its a textured rather than smooth surface, its a bear to work with so will cost you a lot to do yourself.

Yet for the manufacturer the price difference is a few bucks, but just like the silver rather than gloss black front that would look similar to the Limited at a lower price, its almost like manufacturers sometimes think "how can we make the lower models look cheaper".

Its like when they put incandescent interior bulbs in a lower trim just to look bad, knowing full well that you can buy a pack of 20 LEDs on Amazon for $10 and the car just takes like three of them at manufacturer bulk lower prices. No customer would care if you charged them $1 extra on the lower trim, but I guess they figure people will be lured into the more profitable top trim by noticing those $1 extra spent on LED lighting.

·
Registered
2022 Limited Blue Stone
595 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Sad thing is that removing door handles tends to be quite labor intensive, and because its a textured rather than smooth surface, its a bear to work with so will cost you a lot to do yourself.

Yet for the manufacturer the price difference is a few bucks, but just like the silver rather than gloss black front that would look similar to the Limited at a lower price, its almost like manufacturers sometimes think "how can we make the lower models look cheaper".

Its like when they put incandescent interior bulbs in a lower trim just to look bad, knowing full well that you can buy a pack of 20 LEDs on Amazon for $10 and the car just takes like three of them at manufacturer bulk lower prices. No customer would care if you charged them $1 extra on the lower trim, but I guess they figure people will be lured into the more profitable top trim by noticing those $1 extra spent on LED lighting.
yeah, at this point the logical explanation is that Hyundai's deliberately holding it back, they must have some sick looking rear tail light design in the sleeves and will be releasing that in the mid cycle refresh so that we then trade in the 2022s or 2024s

·
Registered
617 Posts
yeah, at this point the logical explanation is that Hyundai's deliberately holding it back, they must have some sick looking rear tail light design in the sleeves and will be releasing that in the mid cycle refresh so that we then trade in the 2022s or 2024s
Well for the tail lights in particular, pretty sure they are LED already, at least I think so. I think its just the Maverick that went cheap with incandescent.

The only mistake with the tail lights on the Santa Cruz IMO is that they should just have everything light up when you are on the brakes, and when you are putting the blinker on then only that side should flash in the shape of the arrow. Right now for some reason the blinkers are just the two little squares instead of the arrow shape literally pointing left and right that is perfect for blinkers. That was a mistake that wouldn't have cost a penny to fix, was just a design oversight IMO.

·
Registered
510 Posts
They seem to have a lot of difficulty with turn signal design.

·
Registered
617 Posts
They seem to have a lot of difficulty with turn signal design.
At least its in a good spot. Most of the time it seems like the conversation went:
Engineer: The proposed blinkers meet federal DOT guidelines for size and everything. Are you mounting them somewhere at driver eye level?
Santa Fe Designer: Hah, no! The opposite.

·
Registered
510 Posts
These may be the first turn signals ever with dyslexia!
"Turn right here... left." (Lucille Ball)

Reactions: JASmith

·
Registered
96 Posts
…they should just have everything light up when you are on the brakes, and when you are putting the blinker on then only that side should flash in the shape of the arrow. Right now for some reason the blinkers are just the two little squares instead of the arrow shape literally pointing left and right that is perfect for blinkers…
Absolutely agree. I had no idea the signals didn’t incorporate the arrow! 🤦‍♂️ This will be the first modification I make to it (whenever it arrives and is finally mine). I promise I’ll document and post a how-to.

Back to Mojave Sand:
I really like this color. It look ls purposeful but still fun. Not an M&M candy or a clown car, yet not trying to be too serious. It would look good in the forest, mud, beach, mountains, parking lot at work, or valet parked at nice restaurant.

·
Registered
2020 Kia Stinger GT2
109 Posts
Kinda like this color. It's got more life to it than the grey or the white. And it's got a military look to it, too.

I'm thinking the black is maybe the best color for the SC, but I told myself before the last two black cars that I'd never get another black vehicle. :rolleyes:

·
Registered
2022 Limited Blue Stone
595 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
Absolutely agree. I had no idea the signals didn’t incorporate the arrow! 🤦‍♂️ This will be the first modification I make to it (whenever it arrives and is finally mine). I promise I’ll document and post a how-to.
Let me see if I understand correctly,

currently the green circled lights are 2 halogen bulbs that light up when you step on the brake or engage turn signal/hazard
do you mean you'd mod the blue outlined area and turn it into turn signal lighting area?

1 - 20 of 35 Posts