Hyundai Santa Cruz Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
2022 Santa Cruz SEL Premium 2.5T AWD
46 Posts
That's pretty cool. When I picked mine up (First one from this dealer) the didn't even have any brochures. Thanks for putting that up there.

·
Registered
617 Posts
So even though I was sure I wanted the turbo as a no-brainer, $36,865 MSRP for no pleather/leather or ventilation or anything just didn't feel right for me. Would have loved to have the ventilated leather seats and no sunroof or rear port for example, but no dice. Limited has the works and is great, but breaks my budget promise to myself.

So I was debating between SE and SEL (without activity package), and determined $3,515 over the SE buys you:
  • Blind-Spot Collision-Avoidance Assist
  • Rear Cross-Traffic Collision-Avoidance Assist (RCCA)
  • Proximity Key entry with push button start
  • Remote engine start
  • Passenger auto-down/up window
  • Side mirrors with LED turn-signal indicators
  • 8-way power driver seat
  • Power driver’s lumbar support
  • Safe Exit Warning (SEW)
  • Heated side mirrors
  • Heated front seats
  • SiriusXM Satellite Radio
  • Bluelink Connected car Service
$3.5K is a lot of dough, but the bold features above are nice. So I'm on the fence between the two, and will figure it out when dealers have enough inventory I can drive everything I'm interested in on the same day for 15mins each back to back.

·
Registered
2022 Santa Cruz SEL Premium 2.5T AWD
46 Posts
JASmith, I have no doubt that you will make yourself an awesome deal. You already know far more about the SC than any sales dept. that you work with. Your knowledge and research skills are on point to make the deal you want on the SC. I'm pretty sure when you hook your SC that you are going to do very well.(y)(y)

·
Registered
724 Posts
So even though I was sure I wanted the turbo as a no-brainer, $36,865 MSRP for no pleather/leather or ventilation or anything just didn't feel right for me. Would have loved to have the ventilated leather seats and no sunroof or rear port for example, but no dice. Limited has the works and is great, but breaks my budget promise to myself.

So I was debating between SE and SEL (without activity package), and determined $3,515 over the SE buys you:
  • Rear Cross-Traffic Collision-Avoidance Assist (RCCA)
  • Remote engine start
  • Passenger auto-down/up window
  • Side mirrors with LED turn-signal indicators
  • 8-way power driver seat
  • Power driver’s lumbar support
  • Safe Exit Warning (SEW)
  • Heated side mirrors
  • Heated front seats
  • Bluelink Connected car Service
$3.5K is a lot of dough, but the bold features above are nice. So I'm on the fence between the two, and will figure it out when dealers have enough inventory I can drive everything I'm interested in on the same day for 15mins each back to back.
I was originally only considering the SE AWD, but now I'm also considering the SEL AWD w/o Activity Package. To be honest, I will probably buy which ever one I can find first at MSRP.

For me the BOLDS would be these 4 (worth about $1,000 IMHO):
  • Heated side mirrors
  • Push button/remote engine start
I thought early on that I read even the base SE trim had Blind-Spot Collision-Avoidance Assist?

·
Registered
617 Posts
I thought early on that I read even the base SE trim had Blind-Spot Collision-Avoidance Assist?
The SE is pretty loaded for a base model, but yeah no Blind-Spot for sure not only per the brochure from OP but also per the website:

Probably a worthwhile feature since the SC does seem to have some visibility issues at certain angles due to the large pillar between the back glass and sides.

·
Registered
2021 Honda Ridgeline
437 Posts
The SE is pretty loaded for a base model, but yeah no Blind-Spot for sure not only per the brochure from OP but also per the website:
View attachment 2307
Probably a worthwhile feature since the SC does seem to have some visibility issues at certain angles due to the large pillar between the back glass and sides.
Those last two features alone are worth the extra money. Plenty of people get hit backing out of parking spots.

Will the SC stop you if you are about to hit something? Our Outback does.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts