Hyundai Santa Cruz Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
78 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So far I have not seen any mention of a snow setting on the American version of the SC. Has anyone seen a video that shows this? Have any of the members that actually have an AWD SC now discovered a setting like this?

·
Registered
2022 Sage Grey SC Ultimate
1,135 Posts
Seems the US versions get Snow added as a drive mode, and the center diff lock button where Canada gets the drive/terrain mode button (no diff lock) but snow/mud/sand modes instead. Seems a little weird to me that they would make two different setups like that ... y'all got mud and sand in the US, just like snow in the northern half/two-thirds. Another magical mystery courtesy of Hyundai.

Reactions: Mark

·
Registered
78 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
It does seem odd to have two very different AWD systems or at least implementations of the system. I wish Hyundai would give us a reason for the difference and an explanation as to how they differ. What possessed Hyundai to spend the time, money and energy to set up two different progammings, plus a few extra parts and wiring????

·
Registered
18 Posts
The Diff lock button is handy. Anyone know if the U.S. version stays locked up to 37mph ?

·
Registered
2020 Kia Telluride/2014 Chevrolet SS
27 Posts
Seems the US versions get Snow added as a drive mode, and the center diff lock button where Canada gets the drive/terrain mode button (no diff lock) but snow/mud/sand modes instead. Seems a little weird to me that they would make two different setups like that ... y'all got mud and sand in the US, just like snow in the northern half/two-thirds. Another magical mystery courtesy of Hyundai.
It does seem odd to have two very different AWD systems or at least implementations of the system. I wish Hyundai would give us a reason for the difference and an explanation as to how they differ. What possessed Hyundai to spend the time, money and energy to set up two different progammings, plus a few extra parts and wiring????
This is consistent with virtually every other modern Hyundai/Kia/Genesis AWD setup… the USA gets drive modes (usually smart, sport, eco, normal/comfort, snow) and an AWD lock button. Basically every other market in the world, including Canada, gets the drive/terrain modes. On the terrain mode side are snow, mud, and sand.

The actual AWD system logically is the same no matter what, it’s just the implementation that is slightly different.
The Diff lock button is handy. Anyone know if the U.S. version stays locked up to 37mph ?
According to the manual, the AWD lock function works up to 37 mph. Interesting, because in other implementations I’ve seen from Hyundai/Kia, it maxes out at 25 mph.

·
Registered
351 Posts
So far I have not seen any mention of a snow setting on the American version of the SC. Has anyone seen a video that shows this? Have any of the members that actually have an AWD SC now discovered a setting like this?
Have it on the SEL with AWD

·
Registered
2022 Sage Grey SC Ultimate
1,135 Posts
According to the manual, the AWD lock function works up to 37 mph. Interesting, because in other implementations I’ve seen from Hyundai/Kia, it maxes out at 25 mph.
Actually, why I find it interesting is it's only available in the US market, but the speed it tops out at is actually based on the Metric system. 37mph = 60km/h.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts